Who should buy the Nike Air Max Sequent 2
This daily running shoe from Nike would be a good choice for:
- Someone values stylish design and comfort in their running footwear.
- Mid-level neutral runners who are looking for a versatile running shoe for easy runs and gym workouts.
Updates to the Nike Air Max Sequent 2
- Newly added knit and mesh upper deliver the right mix of support and flexibility.
- More padded tongue to enhance comfort and significantly lesser chances of experiencing irritation or rubbing.
- From a traditional 12mm heel drop, it jumps to a 14mm heel to toe drop, providing more cushioning and better shock absorption.
The underfoot of the Nike Air Max Sequent 2 is a carryover of the original version. It has a Waffle outsole with countless square nubs for added grip on a variety of surfaces. There are a handful of articulated flex grooves in the forefoot for flexibility.
The forefoot is made of softer blown rubber for traction while the heel has a sturdier carbon rubber for durability.
Air Max Sequent 2 provides cushioning and shock-absorption
Nike’s workhorse and staple midsole technology in the Phylon runs the length of the midsole for cushioning and shock-absorption. The full-length design, which is also the same as the Sequent 4, enhances the transition through the gait cycle.
Runners are very familiar with the technology located in the heel as this gives the shoe added importance and popularity. The Air Max unit in the heel gives added shock-absorbing features and a very cool look.
Nike Air Max Sequent 2 offers improved support and comfort
The upper is also where Nike is nailing it in the Sequent 2. By combining knit and mesh, Nike offers an upper that is very reminiscent of the more expensive Flyknit experience.
There is improved support and wraparound feel of this shoe compared to the earlier model because of the knit-mesh combo. The upper brings a lot of ventilation to the party as well.
Nike improved the comfort altogether by using a very plush fabric lining in the interior and a more padded tongue in this version. A lace-up closure clinches the fit of this shoe.