Shoes with optimum cushioning, lateral support, and flexibility for daily workouts and studio sessions. See workout shoes
Versatile, low-profile shoes for constantly varied exercises including plyometrics, sprinting, weightlifting, and rope climbing. See CrossFit shoes
Shoes for daily wear that ensure a smooth walking gait cycle. Check out walking shoes
For people with normal pronation. Also provide support for high-arched feet with underpronation (excessive outward rolling of the foot). See neutral training shoes
For people with low-arched or flat feet and moderate overpronation (excessive inward rolling of the foot). See stability training shoes
Shoes feature stabilizing technologies for people with severe overpronation. See motion control training shoes
Good to know
Stability and motion control add-ons are uncommon for workout shoes and are never present in CrossFit or weightlifting footwear. They are mostly found in walking shoes where the gait is easier to correct.
Training footwear typically weighs between 200g and 300g per shoe to accommodate agile workouts. Minimalist trainers go as low as 150g, while weightlifting shoes can go as high as 500g.
WidthMen: StandardWomen: Standard
Updates to Nike Air Max Alpha Trainer
- The Nike Air Max Alpha Trainer is claimed to provide the ideal balance of support and stability during strenuous workouts. Its low-cut profile affords ankle mobility to the wearer for unencumbered movements.
- The upper is created from engineered mesh for breathability. It allows air to circulate within the interiors for a cool and fresh feeling. It is reinforced with ultra-lightweight film overlays for durability and support. The toe area has been strengthened and protected by skins.
- The Flywire technology locks down the midfoot. It consists of strategically placed filaments that give support where it’s needed.
- The Max Air unit is employed in the midsole. It is a lightweight platform that offers responsive cushioning.
- The outsole is made from rubber all throughout for traction on different types of surfaces. It extends up to the sides to protect it from abrasion.
Nike Air Max Alpha Trainer size and fit
The Nike Air Max Alpha Trainer is built for men and comes in a wide array of US sizes, ranging from 6 to 15 with half sizes in between. Buyers have no other choice for the width profile as it only has the D - Medium option.
The Nike Air Max Alpha Trainer has a bottom that is covered with rubber for multi-directional traction on indoor surfaces. It also wraps up onto the sides to protect the upper from abrasion.
The Nike Air Max Alpha Trainer utilizes a unit of the Max Air technology in the heel for cushioning and responsiveness. Just as the name suggests, this component is powered by airbags to keep its lightweight form. It works by absorbing the force upon foot strike to protect the foot from stress or potential injury. It goes back to its original form upon toe-off to absorb the next impact. A similar midsole construction with an Air Max unit is employed in the Nike Air Max Typha 2 trainer.
The insole is made from foam for a pleasant underfoot sensation. It is also made removable to accommodate custom orthotics.
An engineered mesh makes wearing the Nike Air Max Alpha Trainer a breathable experience. It is strengthened and protected by lightweight skin and film overlays in the high-wear areas. It has an inner sleeve for a snug fit and moisture-wicking comfort.
The lightweight Flywire technology offers support in the midfoot area. It consists of a set of strategically placed filaments that work like cables on a suspension bridge.
A lace-up closure system keeps the foot contained within the footwear. It allows the user to adjust the fit according to their preference.
The collar and tongue are padded for a snugger fit. They have a soft lining that protects the skin from chafing and abrasion.