Extremely popular sneakers because of their price range, versatility when it comes to style, and freedom of movement. Almost everyone is guaranteed to have low-top sneakers in their shoe rotation.
Mid-top sneakers extend toward the ankle for a little more support and hold. These lie somewhere in the middle between low-top and high-top sneakers in terms of usage and popularity.
Sneakers with collars that go above the ankles for optimal hold and support are some of the most sought-after models in lifestyle shoes. Most of these shoes take their roots from basketball and have easily or fashionably crossed to mainstream wear.
Good to know
Regardless of cut, it's always good to start with sneakers that can be worn for the daily grind, also called as "beaters" by some, as these are usually cheaper, easy to clean, and still gives that lifestyle "edge" before going for those wallet-thinning models.
Sneakers dominantly take their heritage from running, basketball, skate, tennis, training, hiking, and football. Still retaining a few of their performance-based technologies, these sneakers have transcended their respective niches and have successfully and popularly transformed themselves as staples of fashion footwear.
Sneakers designed for a laidback, "cool" vibe that is built for lifestyle wear right from the get-go.
Good to know
Brands are now blending elements of performance and casual appeal in basically every sneaker. One can hardly go wrong with a sports-inspired sneaker or a simple casual shoe.
Good to know
Shoes sharing the same inspiration, history, materials, or technologies are routinely assembled under one compilation for the convenience of those who may wish to categorize or label their own collection as such. The classic collections like the Adidas Originals, Air Max 1, Air Force 1, new balance classic sneakers, and the Classic Leather head the pack of frequently asked about collections.
Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
Fit & Sizing
The Nike Air Force 1 High BHM QS is available in men’s and women’s sizes. Men have sizes from 5 to 13 while women have sizes 6.5 to 14.5 in medium width. This pair runs big that is why many buyers suggest buying a half size down than the usual size. This high-top silhouette has the traditional lace-up closure with an ankle strap to provide a secure fit.
Nike Air Force 1 High BHM QS Style
Nike has been successful in turning the classic AF1 silhouette into a lifestyle kick. The Air Force 1 High BHM QS features bold accents and prints on its upper, making it look more of a casual sneaker. This high-top profile with the iconic ankle turns this shoe into a stylish kick and a surefire head-turner. Most men and women can be seen wearing this with baggy jeans, joggers or shorts with the ankle strap on or even off.
The upper that has bold accents and prints made this pair very notable for many buyers. In the 2016 edition, many praised the Pan African-inspired geometric prints and accents with fine black accents. The sole was kept all white to add contrast to this shoe. While in the 2017 edition of the AF1 High BHM QS, the strap with a golden statement made this pair very notable to many buyers. The word “Equality” is printed on the strap to emphasize the advocacy of this line. Another notable feature is the presence of marbled midsole that adds attitude to the entire look of the AF1 High BHM QS.
Nike Air Force 1 High BHM QS History
Paying tribute to the aircraft that carries the US president, Nike constructed a basketball shoe named Air Force 1 in 1982 inspired by the hiking boots. It bears the “Air in the Box” slogan to emphasize the Air technology in the shoe sole that enhances the support and cushioning especially in the heel.
In 2005, Nike started the Black History Month to celebrate the social equality and pay homage to African-American achievements in sports. Every month of February they release a special edition of footwear with vibrant colors and one-off patterns to help the celebration come to life.
In 2016, Nike released the BHM collection using the Air Force 1 High silhouette for men and women. The Swoosh also released the QS version using a black upper with audacious accents and prints to commemorate the Black History Month.
- The Black Month History celebration strongly campaigns the social equality. It is a celebration every February to honor the African-American athletes with great achievements in sports and to fuel the positive changes in the community about social equality. It started with a single Nike Air Force 1 and extended to the other product assortment.
- QS stands for Quickstrike which means a Nike sneaker that is released in very exclusive stores with a slight increase in price as it also includes better materials. The QS models began showing up in the market in the early 2000s. Back then, the QS models were released unannounced in limited quantities.
- The PU midsole is encapsulated with Air-Sole unit for a lightweight cushioning.
- It has the circular pattern rubber cupsole for traction and durability.
- The “Power of One” is inscribed in the insole.
- Parts of the proceeds of the BHM collection go to the Ever High fund. This fund supports the organizations that maximizes the potential of the underprivileged youth. This fund aims to help communities with knowledge, resources and tools for the coming generation of leaders.