Shoes best for road, track and light gravel. See the best road shoes.
Shoes best for trail, off road, mountains and other unstable surfaces. See the best trail shoes.
Good to know
As long as you stick to the road or path, and if you want just one running shoe, buy a road running shoe.
Neutral / cushion / high arch
Shoes for runners who does not need any additional arch support (Around 50% of runners). Best for people with high or medium high arches. See the best neutral shoes.
Stability / overpronation / normal arch
Shoes for runners who needs arch support (Around 45% of runners). Best for runners with a normal arch. See the best stability shoes.
Motion control / severe overproanation / flat feet
Shoes for runners who needs a lot of arch support. Best for runners with flat feet. See the best motion control shoes.
Good to know
Cushioned shoes for your daily easy running. Great comfort. See best shoes for daily running.
Lightweight shoes good for races, interval training, tempo runs and fartlek. Here are the best competition running shoes.
Good to know
If you want just one pair of shoes, buy a shoe for daily running.
The height difference from the heel to the forefoot, also known as heel drop, toe spring, heel to toe spring or simply drop.
There are many opinions about what a good heel drop is. We do not recommend any in particular. Lean more in this video.
Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
0 / 100 based on 0 expert reviews
These are visual presentations, not reviews
Nike Air Force 1 High BHM QS History
Paying tribute to the aircraft that carries the US president, Nike constructed a basketball shoe named Air Force 1 in 1982 inspired by the hiking boots. It bears the “Air in the Box” slogan to emphasize the Air technology in the shoe sole that enhances the support and cushioning especially in the heel.
In 2005, Nike started the Black History Month to celebrate the social equality and pay homage to African-American achievements in sports. Every month of February they release a special edition of footwear with vibrant colors and one-off patterns to help the celebration come to life.
In 2016, Nike released the BHM collection using the Air Force 1 High silhouette for men and women. The Swoosh also released the QS version using a black upper with audacious accents and prints to commemorate the Black History Month.
Nike Air Force 1 High BHM QS Style
Nike has been successful in turning the classic AF1 silhouette into a lifestyle kick. The Air Force 1 High BHM QS features bold accents and prints on its upper, making it look more of a casual sneaker. This high-top profile with the iconic ankle turns this shoe into a stylish kick and a surefire head-turner. Most men and women can be seen wearing this with baggy jeans, joggers or shorts with the ankle strap on or even off.
Fit & Sizing
The Nike Air Force 1 High BHM QS is available in men’s and women’s sizes. Men have sizes from 5 to 13 while women have sizes 6.5 to 14.5 in medium width. This pair runs big that is why many buyers suggest buying a half size down than the usual size. This high-top silhouette has the traditional lace-up closure with an ankle strap to provide a secure fit.
The upper that has bold accents and prints made this pair very notable for many buyers. In the 2016 edition, many praised the Pan African-inspired geometric prints and accents with fine black accents. The sole was kept all white to add contrast to this shoe. While in the 2017 edition of the AF1 High BHM QS, the strap with a golden statement made this pair very notable to many buyers. The word “Equality” is printed on the strap to emphasize the advocacy of this line. Another notable feature is the presence of marbled midsole that adds attitude to the entire look of the AF1 High BHM QS.
- The Black Month History celebration strongly campaigns the social equality. It is a celebration every February to honor the African-American athletes with great achievements in sports and to fuel the positive changes in the community about social equality. It started with a single Nike Air Force 1 and extended to the other product assortment.
- QS stands for Quickstrike which means a Nike sneaker that is released in very exclusive stores with a slight increase in price as it also includes better materials. The QS models began showing up in the market in the early 2000s. Back then, the QS models were released unannounced in limited quantities.
- The PU midsole is encapsulated with Air-Sole unit for a lightweight cushioning.
- It has the circular pattern rubber cupsole for traction and durability.
- The “Power of One” is inscribed in the insole.
- Parts of the proceeds of the BHM collection go to the Ever High fund. This fund supports the organizations that maximizes the potential of the underprivileged youth. This fund aims to help communities with knowledge, resources and tools for the coming generation of leaders.