DiscontinuedUpdate: Newton Motion 8
Neutral / cushion / high arch
Shoes for runners who do not need any additional arch support (Around 50% of runners). Best for people with normal, high or medium high arches. See the best neutral shoes.
Stability / overpronation / normal arch
Shoes for runners who need mild to moderate arch support (Around 45% of runners). Best for runners with a low arch. See the best stability shoes.
Motion control / severe overpronation / flat feet
Shoes for runners who needs a lot of arch support. Best for runners with flat feet. See the best motion control shoes.
Good to know
Cushioned shoes for your daily easy running. Great comfort. See best shoes for daily running.
Lightweight shoes good for races, interval training, tempo runs and fartlek. Here are the best competition running shoes.
Good to know
If you want just one pair of shoes, buy a shoe for daily running.
WeightMen: 8.4ozWomen: 6.9oz
Heel to toe dropMen: 3mmWomen: 3mm
The height difference from the heel to the forefoot, also known as heel drop, toe spring, heel to toe spring or simply drop.
There are many opinions about what a good heel drop is. We do not recommend any in particular. Lean more in this video.
Heel heightMen: 25mmWomen: 25mm
Forefoot heightMen: 22mmWomen: 22mm
WidthMen: StandardWomen: Standard
Experts are runners, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
86 / 100 based on 2 expert reviews
The more I'm starting to use the Motion V, the faster my times are becoming.
All around, Newton have made a really, really great shoe. I'd probably say it's my favorite of the five Newtons I've had.
Updates to Newton Motion V
- The Newton Motion V features the new seamless mesh upper for greater breathability and durability. The upper was also engineered to reduce the risk of hot spots and frictions.
- Comfort and protection was highlighted in the new tongue that features a radial band, keeping the tongue in its optimal position. The new padded tongue provides comfort and protection without adding weight to its lightweight profile.
- The 5th version of the Newton Motion comes with new 4-way stretch metatarsal mesh panels that comfortably accommodate different foot widths and shapes, making this shoe ideal for everyone.
- The new anatomically formed insole provides cushioning consistency and offers an enhanced, smoother ride.
- An enhanced form and fit was expected from this shoe because of the improved pre-molded heel counter. The contoured construction of the heel counter is highly supportive and slip-proof.
- Motion V has new reinforced eyelets that are highly durable and resilient, giving ample protection against eyelet tears and possible friction spots.
Newton Motion V size and fit
The Newton Motion V has a regular shoe length. Aided with the 4-way stretch mesh metatarsal panels, the shoe can accommodate even those runners with wider foot, giving a great overall fit.
The outsole unit uses the high-rebound EVA for better cushioning. It provides better shock absorption, quick reaction to stress and added protection for the ankle and joints during movement.
The super high abrasion rubber compound (s.h.a.r.c.) in the outsole gives added durability, protecting the shoe from the damaging nature of the roads.
The high-rebound EVA is also found in the midsole of the Motion V for greater impact support and exceptional rebound.
It features Newton's Extended Medial Bridge (EMB) platform for added support for those with medial pronation or those with flatter arches.
It uses the Biomechanical metatarsal sensor plate for better ground contact, helping runners to stride efficiently with more stability.
The midsole utilizes the Newton’s Action/Reaction Technology for better impact absorption during landing and for a more powerful toe-off. It enhances stability and maximizes running performance. This material is also utilized in the Newton Gravity 8 and other running shoes from Newton.
The upper of the Newton Motion V features durability and breathability through the new seamless mesh upper. It keeps the foot well-ventilated while reducing frictions and hot spots.
The 4-way stretch mesh metatarsal panels are highly stretchable, accommodating different foot widths and shape. With this element, this shoe aims to become an ideal shoe for everyone.
The tongue of this version was improved by adding a support foam and radial band. The radial band keeps the tongue in its optimal position and the padded foam gives added protection and comfort.
The upper utilizes a heel lace lock system that provides a tight fitting. It creates added friction between the ankle and heel area. It also reduces heel slippage when running.