Who should buy the Newtown Kismet 5
You will love the Newton Kismet 5 if:
- You want an appealing all-around shoe that provides efficient running performance
- You want a shoe designed for those with mild to severe overpronation
Updates to the Newton Kismet 5
- In this fifth iteration, the Kismet offers a leveled-up performance in terms of agility and stability. With some slight updates from the previous release, the Kismet 5 has improved certain elements in the upper and sole unit for a better running experience.
- The upper’s seamless engineered mesh is now made more breathable to allow the runner to wear the shoe for longer periods of time without discomfort. It still brings the lightweight durability that users are familiar with in the fourth version.
- Meanwhile, the sole unit focuses on enhancing the stability features of the Kismet 5, as well as the promotion of a forefoot strike. Retained from the Kismet 4, these features are specifically designed for a fusion of stability and comfort.
Size and fit
The Kismet 5 follows the measurements of the standard running and, therefore, fits true to size. The shoe’s anatomical shape enables a comfortable splay of the toes and a snug fit in the midfoot and heel. The Newton Kismet 5 is offered in widths of D - Medium for men and B - Medium for women.
Great tractions on varied surfaces with the Newton Kismet 5
Newton’s Super High Abrasion Rubber Compound (SHARC) delivers traction on both wet and dry surfaces. The SHARC comes in the form of a rubber wedge that is reinforced in the high-wear areas of the shoe, namely, the forefoot and the heel.
Network's Action/Reaction technology
At the forefront of the midsole technologies of the Newton Kismet 5 is the Action/Reaction technology. This feature begins its work in the lugs of the outsole. As the lugs move and gain action, the midsole creates a reaction that is similar to a trampoline: responsive and with a quick bounce-back. What sets the Action/Reaction technology from other running shoe cushioning designs is that there is less energy lost throughout the gait cycle.
The Newtonium foam goes directly underfoot for maximum-level responsiveness and comfort. With a full-length construction, the benefits brought by the Newtonium foam is consistent throughout the length of the foot. The Newton Gravity 8 is another running shoe from the brand that has this same feature.
The Kismet 5 also incorporates an Extended Medial Bridge (EMB), a piece of structural support placed on the arch of the midsole. The EMB works in correcting overpronation by providing a greater surface area under the arch, which then helps to stabilize the foot.
Get irritation-free coverage with the Newton Kismet 5
A unit of seamless engineered mesh makes up the upper of the Kismet 5. The material endorses breathability and lightweight durability in key areas. Its streamlined structure enables a contoured and irritation-free fit.
The mesh is supported by strategically-placed overlays, ensuring a secure fit. The overlays are attached without the use of stitches, which reduces the weight of the shoe and promotes a more comfortable feel to the foot.
The Newton Kismet 5 utilizes Strobel lasting through a full-length fabric that promotes a pleasant in-shoe sensation.