DiscontinuedUpdate: Newton Kismet 5
Neutral / cushion / high arch
Shoes for runners who do not need any additional arch support (Around 50% of runners). Best for people with normal, high or medium high arches. See the best neutral shoes.
Stability / overpronation / normal arch
Shoes for runners who need mild to moderate arch support (Around 45% of runners). Best for runners with a low arch. See the best stability shoes.
Motion control / severe overpronation / flat feet
Shoes for runners who needs a lot of arch support. Best for runners with flat feet. See the best motion control shoes.
Good to know
Cushioned shoes for your daily easy running. Great comfort. See best shoes for daily running.
Lightweight shoes good for races, interval training, tempo runs and fartlek. Here are the best competition running shoes.
Good to know
If you want just one pair of shoes, buy a shoe for daily running.
WeightMen: 9.7ozWomen: 8.2oz
Heel to toe dropMen: 5mmWomen: 5mm
The height difference from the heel to the forefoot, also known as heel drop, toe spring, heel to toe spring or simply drop.
There are many opinions about what a good heel drop is. We do not recommend any in particular. Lean more in this video.
WidthMen: Narrow, StandardWomen: Standard
Experts are runners, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
85 / 100 based on 30 expert reviews
This Newton Kismet is a really, really good shoe for someone that needs some stability, but still likes to go light and fast.
Easy pace. Super comfortable. Super light. The best running shoes you can get.
The standout feature of the Newton Kismet is how fantastic and comfortable the upper feels and fits. It's by far one of the best uppers I've experienced.
Aside from a little more support built into the undercarriage of the shoe, the Kismet is very similar to the Fate.
Updates to Newton Kismet
- The Newton Kismet is a daily running shoe that offers great performance and additional stability to those who need it. Though neutral runners can definitely experience great service from this shoe, the one who desires medial mid-foot support is going to get the balance they need because of a supportive & sustaining platform. Running becomes much easier and smoother.
- The upper unit of this running shoe uses fabrics that are soft and responsive to the natural movement of the foot. A cloth-like quality is noticed in this shoe, but it’s definitely durable and reliable when it comes to delivering secure and comfortable coverage. The inner sleeve is soft and smooth, so it prevents discomfort or irritation.
- The mid-sole platform of the Newton Kismet uses technologies that are meant to deliver sure protection and cushioning to the wearer. The wearer is set to experience a responsive, protective, and springy platform.
- The Action/Reaction™ Technology lets the external gripping lugs move in accordance with the runner’s movement through the gait cycle, giving a trampoline-like feeling that adds bounciness to the step.
- The outsole unit uses an anti-abrasive rubber compound to protect the shoe from wear and abrasion. It also gives responsible traction that’s sure and reliable. A smoother ride is also afforded by this external layer because of the Point of Power technology, a lugged system that works with the mid-sole to give a smoother ride.
Newton Kismet size and fit
The Newton Kismet has a standard running shoe length. The men and women’s versions follow the regular measurements when it comes to its size. The available width is medium, so it accommodates runners who have medium sized feet. Its semi-curved shape also welcomes the natural curvature of the human foot.
The s.h.a.r.c or the super high abrasion rubber compound is the layer of protection for this running shoe. Placed in important sections of the shoe where wear and tear are most likely to occur, it effectively shields the sole unit from damage. It even gives traction to get responsible surface control.
The P.O.P. 2 Platform is a patented 5-lug design that’s prevalent in many Newton Running shoes. For the Newton Kismet, beveled lugs give the runner a smoother ride. It also works with the mid-sole to give springiness to the runner’s steps. This is also utilized in the new Kismet 4 running shoe from Newton.
The Action/Reaction™ Technology is found in the heel and forefoot sections. It is a system on the external sole unit where the gripping lugs move when pressure is applied to them. They give a springiness to each step, enabling a smoother and more explosive toe-off and strike.
Biomechanical metatarsal sensor plates allow the foot to move more naturally, especially during the toe-off phase where the forefoot bends in preparation for the forefoot lift.
An open ground surface EVA is placed in the mid-sole to provide reliable and responsive cushioning to the wearer. This material is durable, so it doesn’t wear off or loose structure easily.
An extended medial bridge offers stability to those who have over pronated foot motion. It evens the stance of the foot, keeping it in a stable and neutral position for an easier and more comfortable performance.
The upper unit uses engineered mesh. This material has a cloth-like quality to it, but it’s durable and resilient against damage. It even encourages air to enter the shoe and keep the foot cool and dry.
360-degree reflectivity improves the visibility of the shoe in low-light conditions.
The overlay system has been fused with the upper mesh, giving the wearer a customizable fit that’s not restrictive or uncomfortably tight. It doesn’t even have a substantial weight, so the Newton Kismet remains lightweight.