DiscontinuedUpdate: Newton Gravity 7
Neutral / cushion / high arch
Shoes for runners who do not need any additional arch support (Around 50% of runners). Best for people with normal, high or medium high arches. See the best neutral shoes.
Stability / overpronation / normal arch
Shoes for runners who need mild to moderate arch support (Around 45% of runners). Best for runners with a low arch. See the best stability shoes.
Motion control / severe overpronation / flat feet
Shoes for runners who needs a lot of arch support. Best for runners with flat feet. See the best motion control shoes.
Good to know
Cushioned shoes for your daily easy running. Great comfort. See best shoes for daily running.
Lightweight shoes good for races, interval training, tempo runs and fartlek. Here are the best competition running shoes.
Good to know
If you want just one pair of shoes, buy a shoe for daily running.
WeightMen: 8.1ozWomen: 6.7oz
Heel to toe dropMen: 3mmWomen: 3mm
The height difference from the heel to the forefoot, also known as heel drop, toe spring, heel to toe spring or simply drop.
There are many opinions about what a good heel drop is. We do not recommend any in particular. Lean more in this video.
Heel heightMen: 25mmWomen: 25mm
Forefoot heightMen: 22mmWomen: 22mm
WidthMen: normalWomen: normal
Experts are runners, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
83 / 100 based on 9 expert reviews
Why the Newton Gravity V is a “Must Try”
The The Newton Gravity V is a durable, lightweight neutral trainer that is fast enough to be used for races. It is built for runners who want a cushioned and responsive ride.
This expert has been verified by RunRepeat. Reviews are neutral, unbiased and based on extensive testing.
The five lugs under the Gravity V are tuned to deliver the highly responsive ride of early Newton shoes, meaning this is a fast-feel shoe, but one with plenty of cushioning in both heel and forefoot.
The fifth edition of the Gravity has a revamped upper made from an improved engineer mesh.
However, at just over 8 ounces, it’s light and responsive enough to handle speedwork and racing.
Updates to Newton Gravity V
- Flexibility and cushioning was being improved in the Newton Gravity V. It features the new and updated innovative bottom that enhances the shoe’s flexibility feature and full-foot cushioning.
- The 5th version of the Newton Gravity provides a well-ventilated seamless mesh upper that was improved to provide breathability and added durability. It also lessens the risk of frictions and risk of foot hot spots.
- It comes with an improved tongue that has a radial band to keep the tongue in place and support foam for added comfort and protection. This new tongue feature does not affect the lightweight construction of the shoe.
- The pre-molded heel counter of the shoe was enhanced in this version, providing a better fit and form. It comes with a contoured shape that is highly supportive and gives a slip-resistant attribute.
- The Gravity V features the new way stretch metatarsal mesh panels that can accommodate runners with different foot shapes and widths.
- The Newton Gravity V promises to give a well-cushioned and smoother ride. It comes with a new anatomically formed insole that offers cushioning consistency and improved ride.
Newton Gravity V size and fit
The Gravity V has a standard running shoe length. It has a wide toe box and the forefoot area, mid-foot and heel area are well accommodated because of the updated heel counter and enhanced form of the shoe.
The outsole unit of the Newton Gravity V uses the high-rebound EVA that offers better cushioning. It provides better shock absorption and protection for the ankle and joints during foot movement. It also gives added shoe durability.
Long lasting performance and durability are the things offers by the Gravity V because of the super high abrasion rubber compound (s.h.a.r.c.) in the outsole. It gives added durability against the damaging nature of the roads.
The midsole feature the new innovative bottom for a full foot cushioning and enhanced flexibility. It is highly reliable and enhances running experience especially for runners with high arches.
It uses the Biomechanical metatarsal sensor plate. This technology provides runners a much better ground contact. It helps runners to stride efficiently and have more stability.
The Newton’s Action/Reaction Technology was used in the shoe’s midsole. It provides better impact absorption during landing and offers a much powerful toe-off. It enhances stability and maximizes running performance.
The Newton Gravity V features a well-ventilated upper. It comes with a new seamless mesh upper that is highly durable and breathable. It keeps the foot cool and dry while reducing the possibility of frictions and hot spots.
The upper offers a tight and secure fitting through the shoe’s heel lace lock system. It creates added friction between the ankle and heel area to keep the foot in place and reduce heel slippage when running.
The shoe features the new 4-way stretch mesh metatarsal panels are highly stretchable. It can comfortably accommodate runners with wider feet.
The tongue of the Gravity V delivers comfort and protection. It comes with a radial band that keeps the tongue in place and a support foam for a much comfortable running experience.