Who should buy The Newton BoCo AT 4
You will love The Newton BoCo AT 4 if:
- You want a durable shoe that provides efficient performance on the trail
- You want a waterproof trail running shoe designed for those with a neutral gait
Updates to The Newton BoCo AT 4
- The all-new and upgraded, water-resistant trail running shoe, Newton BoCo AT 4, promises to deliver a lightweight and grippy running experience.
- Although there have been some components retained from the shoe’s predecessor, one of the notable updates made to the shoe is its knitted mesh upper. It has been designed to allow more air ventilation into the shoe to keep the foot fresh.
- The shoe has maintained the heat-welded overlays to keep an irritation-free running experience.
- To top it all off, the BoCo AT 4 has a removable insole that features anti-bacterial and irritation-free characteristics that aid most orthotics.
Size and fit
The knitted mesh upper of the Newton BoCo AT 4 hugs the foot for a sock-like fit. The padding on the tongue and collar of the shoe keeps a snug fit, while the lace-up closure provides a customizable and lockdown fit.
The shoe is designed using standard measurement and is available for both men and women who wish to enjoy the trails.
Maximum traction enabled with The Newton BoCo AT 4 outsole
The Newton BoCo AT 4 is powered by a trail-specific outsole. This outsole has multi-directional lugs that enable maximum traction on rugged terrains. This outsole component also boasts its flexible qualities.
Acting as a protective layer in the forefoot area of the shoe, high-density rubber adds to the overall durability of the shoe.
Speedy bounce-back with The Newton BoCo AT 4 midsole
Newton's proprietary Action/Reaction™ technology claims to power the speed delivered by the BoCo AT 4. It possesses trampoline-like cushioning that permits a more speedy bounce-back and loses less energy compared to other midsole foams.
The interior construction of the BoCo AT 4 accommodates most orthotics. Supporting this, a removable, anti-friction, anti-bacterial ETC insole gives underfoot support and eliminates any odor-causing bacteria.
Found in the forefoot of the shoe is a biomechanical metatarsal sensor plate that allows more ground feel which boosts sensory feedback.
Debris-free in-shoe experience with The Newton BoCo AT 4 upper
Similar to the upper material of the ASICS Gel Quantum 180 4, Newton BoCo AT 4 is coated with a knitted mesh that has water-resistant qualities and is known for being lightweight. It allows sufficient airflow into the shoe, increasing breathability.
For an irritation-free and comfortable in-shoe experience, heat-welded overlays are furnished to the shoe. To keep out the debris and dirt from entering the shoe, a gusseted tongue is utilized.
A toe bumper made out of rubber protects the shoe from trail hazards such as rocks and roots. To further increase the comfort and security of the shoe, its tongue and collar are lightly padded. A traditional lace-up closure keeps a lockdown fit of the shoe that keeps the foot from moving side to side.