Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
CollectionNew Balance Tekela
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
83 / 100 based on 7 expert reviews
At least, it's a big big improvement and a lot more streamlined sensation that looks fast compared to the last few run.
A lot of people want them and New Balance has to realize that they're a brand that doesn't have a well-established reputation in this marketplace and they need to set it (Tekela Pro) at a lower price point if they want people, brand new consumers to give their brand a chance.
It is official. I’m sold on these! It has taken a few years, several silos and numerous releases to get to a boot that has the ability to be a real market influencer. This is the boot.
The upper on the Tekela feels something like feather so it'll provide you a subtle touch on the ball while offering a nice tactile surface due to the dynamic kinetic stitch.
Features of the New Balance Tekela Pro Firm Ground
- The New Balance Tekela Pro Firm Ground is designed for the athlete who knows no limits when it comes to maximizing skill and speed to dominate the game. This football boot showcases various innovations from the brand, allowing it to enhance a player’s performance on the firm ground pitch.
- One feature of this New Balance football boot is its PU (polyurethane) microfiber upper that brings the foot closer to the ball. With the foot and the ball in proximity, superior ball touch is achieved with this shoe. Moreover, the elastic quality of the PU material allows it to wrap comfortably around the foot for a snug fit.
- Another feature of this football boot is its elasticated mid top mesh collar with Kinetic Stitch embroidered bands that is also found in New Balance Tekela Magia Firm Ground. The stitch details give wearers a full 360-degree lockdown. It also allows the upper to have a shorter lacing system and consequently, a larger strike zone.
- This low top boot also uses a removable Ortholite insert that gives sufficient underfoot cushioning. With its anti-friction top cloth, it also delivers utmost comfort, keeping the feet happy throughout the game.
- The bottom part of this football boot shows off a TPU (thermoplastic urethane) outsole that utilizes a nylon frame. Thus sole unit holds conical studs engineered for agility on natural grass pitches. It also provides 360 rotational traction on the firm ground playground.
Fit and sizing
The New Balance Tekela Pro Firm Ground comes in the standard men’s sizes, from 6.5 to 13.5. Many of its users found the boot a bit wide and they suggest to a half smaller to be able to achieve the best fit. Wearers can expect this football boot to offer a secure lockdown on the foot because of the Kinetic Stitch bands embroidered to its mesh collar. A shorter lacing system also helps improve the fit.
For its outsole, this football boot wears a lightweight TPU base with inlaid nylon chassis. Fitted for the firm ground, this two-piece sole utilizes conical studs that deliver rotational traction allowing for agility on the playground.
The upper of the Tekela Pro Firm Ground sports a supple PU microfiber upper. This works to bring the foot closer to the ball resulting in excellent ball touch. The upper also utilizes a mid top mesh collar embroidered with Kinetic Stitch bands to offer improved stability and fit.
Over at the midfoot, the boot uses a central lace-up closure that reinforces a snug fit. The shorter lacing system allows for a wider strike zone.