Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
CollectionNew Balance Tekela
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
- The Tekela series comes out as a surprise to the football world. This contemporary release from New Balance was unexpectedly competitive in the line of speed football boots. It is also made for agile players, the same inspiration behind popular competitor cleats such as the Adidas Nemeziz 18.1 Firm Ground. One of the artificial grass football boots of this NB collection, the Tekela Magique Artificial Grass, also boasts of the same performance-focused features.
- Built to enhance maneuverability, this football boot is fitted with a tight-fitting synthetic upper that aids in following the foot’s instinctive movements. Attached to this upper material is low top collar made from mesh. Its elastic, socklike design brings comfort for the lower leg which is especially helpful for twists and turns on artificial grass grounds.
- Internally, a mesh lining is installed to offer lightweight and supportive sensation. Meanwhile, a standard lacing system is placed at the center of the midfoot to provide fit customizability.
- To keep the player’s feet from experiencing underfoot strain, a die-cut EVA (Ethyl Vinyl Acetate) sockliner is placed at the footbed. This cushioning also lessens stud pressure. Its die-cut mold assures of a long-lasting quality that can withstand rough game movements.
- One unique feature added to this model is the low toe spring. This is intended to improve comfort, particularly in the forefoot area.
- The outsole of the Tekela Magique AG is made of TPU (Thermoplastic polyurethane). This popular synthetic material has become a standard ingredient of football boot bases due to its durability. Multiple hollow studs are arranged on the forefoot and heel areas to secure grip on long-piled artificial grass.
The New Balance Tekela Magique AG is available in men’s sizes ranging from 7.5 to 12. It is offered in standard width only. The synthetic upper offers a form-fitting experience that can be adjusted to a certain degree with the traditional lacing system. Due to this, the brand recommends getting one size up when purchasing this pair.
TPU material comprises the outsole of this artificial grass football boot. Multiple hollowed studs are laid out on the base to deliver the needed grip for sand-filled surfaces. Ten studs are arranged in the forefoot area while the remaining four are in the heel for even weight distribution. It also lessens drag and slips on abrasive synthetic surface.
The synthetic material in the upper of this artificial grass cleat brings a skin-tight yet comfortable sensation. Externally, the New Balance Tekela Magique AG is designed with graphics that mimic the kinetic bands of its high-end counterpart while internally, it is covered with a lightweight mesh lining.
The tongueless design of this football boot gives way to a more comfortable sock-like sensation. This is made possible through the low top mesh collar’s stretchable quality.
A lower toe spring is also incorporated into the forefoot for a balanced energy return during the fast-paced game.
- This football boot is available in junior’s version.
- Indoor and Turf variations of this model is also offered in the form of the New Balance Magique Indoor and New Balance Magique Turf.
- The New Balance Furon and Tekela collection were both released in Otruska pack with football boots such as the New Balance Tekela Magia Firm Ground and the New Balance Furon 4.0 Pro Firm Ground.