- The Tekela series comes out as a surprise to the soccer world. This contemporary release from New Balance was unexpectedly competitive in the line of speed soccer cleats. It is also made for agile players, the same inspiration behind popular competitor cleats such as the Adidas Nemeziz 18.1 Firm Ground. One of the artificial grass soccer cleats of this NB collection, the Tekela Magique Artificial Grass, also boasts of the same performance-focused features.
- Built to enhance maneuverability, this soccer cleat is fitted with a tight-fitting synthetic upper that aids in following the foot’s instinctive movements. Attached to this upper material is low top collar made from mesh. Its elastic, socklike design brings comfort for the lower leg which is especially helpful for twists and turns on artificial grass grounds.
- Internally, a mesh lining is installed to offer lightweight and supportive sensation. Meanwhile, a standard lacing system is placed at the center of the midfoot to provide fit customizability.
- To keep the player’s feet from experiencing underfoot strain, a die-cut EVA (Ethyl Vinyl Acetate) sockliner is placed at the footbed. This cushioning also lessens stud pressure. Its die-cut mold assures of a long-lasting quality that can withstand rough game movements.
- One unique feature added to this model is the low toe spring. This is intended to improve comfort, particularly in the forefoot area.
- The outsole of the Tekela Magique AG is made of TPU (Thermoplastic polyurethane). This popular synthetic material has become a standard ingredient of soccer cleat bases due to its durability. Multiple hollow studs are arranged on the forefoot and heel areas to secure grip on long-piled artificial grass.
The New Balance Tekela Magique AG is available in men’s sizes ranging from 7.5 to 12. It is offered in standard width only. The synthetic upper offers a form-fitting experience that can be adjusted to a certain degree with the traditional lacing system. Due to this, the brand recommends getting one size up when purchasing this pair.
TPU material comprises the outsole of this artificial grass soccer cleat. Multiple hollowed studs are laid out on the base to deliver the needed grip for sand-filled surfaces. Ten studs are arranged in the forefoot area while the remaining four are in the heel for even weight distribution. It also lessens drag and slips on abrasive synthetic surface.
The synthetic material in the upper of this artificial grass cleat brings a skin-tight yet comfortable sensation. Externally, the New Balance Tekela Magique AG is designed with graphics that mimic the kinetic bands of its high-end counterpart while internally, it is covered with a lightweight mesh lining.
The tongueless design of this soccer cleat gives way to a more comfortable sock-like sensation. This is made possible through the low top mesh collar’s stretchable quality.
A lower toe spring is also incorporated into the forefoot for a balanced energy return during the fast-paced game.
- This soccer cleat is available in junior’s version.
- Indoor and Turf variations of this model is also offered in the form of the New Balance Magique Indoor and New Balance Magique Turf.
- The New Balance Furon and Tekela collection were both released in Otruska pack with soccer cleats such as the New Balance Tekela Magia Firm Ground and the New Balance Furon 4.0 Pro Firm Ground.