Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
CollectionNew Balance Tekela
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
- The bold Tekela series from New Balance has produced a surprisingly competitive takedown model boot in the form of the Tekela Magia Firm Ground. This football boot is packed with innovative features. The shoe design targeted on changing game outcome by focusing on agility and movement similar to the inspiration of Nemeziz cleats such as the Adidas Nemeziz 18.1 Firm Ground.
- At a glance, there is an unnoticeable difference between this shoe and its high-end counterpart, the Tekela Pro. Both models are fitted with a mid top collar designed to offer an elasticated sensation. It extends to the forefoot just like a sock instead of the usual flap tongue. It is made of mesh to maximize breathability and lockdown all throughout the 90-minute game.
- Another mesh element in this football boot is its lining. It optimizes in-shoe comfort and offers a more locked in foot sensation.
- What seems to look like an aesthetic element to the football boot’s synthetic upper is actually a group of embroidered bands that is meant to enhance overall mechanical lockdown. These bands dominating the upper are called Kinetic stitches. The comfort of the Polyurethane upper and the form-fitting wrap of the stitches offer a balance of stretch and structure to this football boot.
- For underfoot comfort, an EVA insert does its job by offering a softer sensation with its molded construction. Additionally, this insole is removable which allows players to replace it with orthopedic sock liners if they wish to.
- The conical studs sitting on this football boot’s synthetic base is created to deliver enhanced maneuverability to the player. It helps players to move smoothly on pivotal points on firm natural grass surfaces.
The New Balance Tekela Magia is offered in sizes 6.5 to 13 in men’s version. It is available in standard width. The brand recommends ordering a size up due to the football boot’s tight fit. The mesh collar offers a stretchable fit from the ankle area to the midfoot. Meanwhile, the synthetic upper embroidered with kinetic bands create a more structured feel on the foot. A lace-up closure in the center helps in improving the fit, especially for narrow-footed players.
The firm ground stud configuration of this football boot is composed of conical studs which are especially helpful on pivot points. Seven studs are placed on the forefoot area. Four of those are attached in a synthetic skeleton that runs through the heel area, conjoining four more conical studs. This skeleton adds more stability to the base and evens out the weight distribution for better maneuverability on dry natural grass.
The New Balance Tekela Magia is composed of upper elements that allow a foot-hugging sensation. It owes its tight-fitting nature to the Kinetic stitch embroidered on a synthetic PU upper. The embroidered band also doubles as a lockdown feature as it securely maintains the shoe’s structure.
The mid top collar provides a flexible sensation to the football boot through its mesh construction. Its sock-like design offers a contrasting yet balanced fit to the form-fitting synthetic upper. On top of the collar is a central lacing system that aids in promoting a personalized fit.
- This football boot has a removable sockliner made from molded EVA.
- The New Balance Tekela Magia FG is available in a Polaris/Galaxy colorway.
- The New Balance Furon and Tekela collection were both released in Otruska pack with football boots such as the New Balance Tekela Magia Firm Ground and the New Balance Furon 4.0 Pro Firm Ground.