Shoes that maintain underfoot support for extended periods of wear. Great for long walks, shopping, running errands, and casual wear. See walking shoes for all-day wear
Lightweight all-around shoes that can be taken anywhere from a long plane ride to a city sightseeing tour. See walking shoes for traveling
These shoes tend to be more supportive to withstand long hours on the feet. Some of them are marked as slip-resistant. They typically come in plain color schemes. See *casual walking shoes*
For people with normal pronation. Also provide support for underpronation (excessive outward rolling of the foot). See neutral walking shoes
For people with moderate overpronation (inward rolling of the foot). See stability training shoes
For people with severe overpronation. See motion control walking shoes
Foot ConditionFlat feet, Overpronation
Shoes with arch support that help to take the strain off the collapsed foot arches. See wakling shoes for flat feet
Footwear with gait correcting technologies which prevent the foot from excessive inward rolling. See walking shoes for overpronation
Trainers with sufficient arch support and shock absorption which help to ease the plantar fascia inflammation. See walking shoes for plantar fasciitis
These shoes carry the Medicare/HCPCS A5500 code which implies that they have been approved for use by people with diabetes. See walking shoes for diabetes
- The New Balance 928 has been the go-to shoe model for people who needed extra arch support and motion control features. Its second iteration was short-lived as the narrow toe-box irked many of its loyal clients. To appease the consumers, New Balance listened and brought back the deep-set toe box of the original version in this release.
- The Suede 928 v3 is a walking shoe designed for all-day wear. Based on the original New Balance 918 v3, it features a suede upper that is soft to allow mobility but also has some rigidity to deliver support where it is needed.
- The cushioning unit is made from compression molded ethylene-vinyl acetate (CMEVA). This platform is soft enough to absorb shock and at the same time stiff to maintain its form. An additional ABZORB material lines the midfoot, extending to the toes, for extra shock absorption.
- The product features motion control technologies like the Rollbar posting system at the heel section that reduces unwanted rear foot movement. At the bottom, it also has the Walking Strike Path which guides the foot for a smooth heel-to-toe-off motion.
- The outsole is made of the Ndurance rubber compound. It is hard-wearing and grips most surfaces.
The New Balance Suede 928 v3 is available in both men’s and women’s sizes and runs true to size. It comes in B - Narrow, D - Medium, 2E - Wide, 4E - Extra Wide and 6E - Extra Wide width options for the men’s version. The women’s variant is offered in B - Medium, D - Wide and 2E - Extra Wide widths.
The outsole of the New Balance Suede 928 v3 is made of the Ndurance rubber. This proprietary compound is designed to be durable even when regularly used on hard and rough surfaces. It has a grippy nature which prevents slippage. The material is non-marking, so it doesn’t leave streaks on floors. A slight bevel in the rear area allows the foot to roll towards the flat part of the outsole smoothly.
The Walking Strike Path is an off-centered band of rubber that guides the foot during the walking gait cycle. It ensures that the weight evenly shifts from the heel to the toe, for a steady forward roll movement.
The midsole of the New Balance Suede 928 v3 is the cluster of different technologies that deliver support and comfort at the same time. The main platform is made of the CMEVA foam. It is resilient, which allows it to keep its structure for an extended period, but at the same time, soft enough to absorb the shock of each step.
The ABZORB technology lines the midfoot and extends to the front of the midsole. This material adds another layer of comfort and attenuates shock to prevent discomfort.
At the heel is the Rollbar posting system. This structure features a molded plate under the heel that bridges the medial and the lateral posts. This technology prevents the foam in the heel area from compressing, thereby reducing unnecessary rear foot movement.
Inside is a polyurethane (PU) sockliner. It has anti-microbial properties that ward off odor- and infection-causing microorganisms. It serves as an additional layer of comfortable cushioning. This component is removable and can be replaced with orthotic inserts if desired by the user.
The midsole sports a rocker-shaped design that helps reduce the need for plantar flexion. It helps the foot roll forward for a natural toe-off motion.
The New Balance Suede 928 v3 employs suede, a type of leather with a napped finish. It is made from the underside of an animal’s skin, which makes it softer and more pliable compared to full-grain leather. To aid in ventilating the foot chamber, the collar and the tongue are both lined with mesh fabric.
Suede overlays reinforce the toe box, protecting it from abrasion and impact. At the midfoot, it provides lateral support. The overlays also serve as an external heel counter that keeps the foot from wobbling.
The traditional lacing system secures the foot inside the shoe. The round laces pass through a single slot in the tongue which prevents it from moving out of place. The padded tongue also keeps the instep comfortable by spreading the pressure created by the laces.
The foot is kept locked down by the plush collar. It also provides ankle support, but it is not too stiff to hinder mobility.
Inside the footwear is the Phantom Liner. It is a seamless fabric that provides a sock-like feel. The material is soft and prevents irritation.