Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
CollectionNew Balance Furon
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Features of the New Balance Furon v4 Destroy Firm Ground
- The New Balance Furon V4 Destroy Firm Ground is made for the game-changers who are the unstoppable forces on the pitch. This football boot boasts of its winning design that equips players with traction and speed to run ahead of their opponents.
- For its upper design, New Balance has employed the FantomFit frame technology, which works to give lightweight lockdown on the foot. This innovation is placed underneath an elasticated stretch mesh that is coated with polyurethane (PU) for comfort as well as easy entry of the foot. Additionally, the mesh lining features a sprint-spike-inspired heel collar that allows for maximum ankle mobility.
- This firm ground boot also relies on a central lace-up closure to help optimize the fit by allowing some degree of customization. With its Hydraskin touch membrane alongside an enlarged contact surface, this Furon version can deliver higher shot accuracy for deadlier strikes. Also, it also utilizes a basic tongue to help cushion the midfoot.
- To provide underfoot cushioning and added comfort, the brand has installed both molded and removable EVA (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate) insert. These inserts help absorb the impact that results in reduced foot strain. Moreover, a redesigned straight last works to reinforce fit and comfort by way of a lower toe spring.
- For its base, this New Balance boot relies on a TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) outsole installed with nylon chassis for directional toe off texture and stiffness. It also highlights a directional stud combination that delivers speed and acceleration on natural grass pitches.
Fit and sizing
The New Balance Furon V4 Destroy Firm Ground is released in a men’s version only. It comes in the standard sizes, from 6 to 12, and is known to fit true to size. Wearers can expect a supportive and secure fit from this football boot, owing to the FantomFit frame technology installed on its elastic mesh upper. The heel collar also helps to improve ankle mobility, which is especially useful when executing sudden turns and twists on the pitch.
The game-changing design of this boot highlights a TPU outsole set with a nylon frame to add stiffness. It features a directional stud placement that works best on firm ground surfaces. The base also employs a sprinter-inspired multi-zonal plate that provides players on-the-spot traction and explosive acceleration that will spur wearers ahead of their opponents.
The New Balance Furon V4 Destroy Firm Ground is fitted with an elasticated stretch mesh upper lined with a PU overlay to deliver utmost foot comfort as well as ease in foot entry. The mesh extends to the ankle and features a sprint-spike-inspired heel collar that boosts overall comfort while also allowing for optimum ankle mobility. When it comes to ball feel, the mesh material is quite reliable in ushering in a close touch for improved control.
New Balance has also equipped its upper with the FantomFit frame technology, which offers mechanical lockdown of the foot. Meanwhile, a central lace gives wearers control over just how snug they want their boot to fit. The design also incorporates the Hydraskin touch membrane that promotes shot accuracy for more aggressive strikes.
- This football boot is available in a Flame/Aztec Gold colorway.