Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
CollectionNew Balance Furon
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
93 / 100 based on 5 expert reviews
..but we shouldn't forget the Furon 4.0 that has been re-engineered to focus on the pure attacker cleaning up the striking surface and making the silhoutte of the boot a lot faster.
The Furon features a thinner outer shell that serves to decrease weight and get your foot as close to the ball as possible without any distractions
I think with this update. It's up there with the likes of Mercurial Vapors and X.
The first thing that strikes me is they're super light. I've worn Furons before, I've had three pairs as in the past. This is my third pair and the other ones were ok. They were light but the difference I feel between the past Furons and this is they are not just lighter, they're actually more comfortable.
Features of the New Balance Furon 4.0 Pro Firm Ground
- Launched from the renowned Otruska pack, the New Balance Furon 4.0 Pro Firm Ground best suits the player who has the need for speed, acceleration, and accuracy. This football boot infuses a number of innovative technologies in its design to enable wearers to outperform the competition and finish victorious.
- Among this football boot’s innovations is its unique upper that combines Fantomfit Tech with Hydraskin touch membrane. This innovation is also found in other Furon models, like the Furon v4 Destroy Firm Ground. This upper construction makes for a soft and supple upper that conforms to the form of the foot. The upper also utilizes a lightweight mesh material with a textured detail that enhances ball feel.
- This football boot also shows off a shorter lacing system that paves the way for an enlarged contact zone. It also highlights an elasticated stretch mesh with PU (polyurethane) coating that allows for easier entry on the foot. Matched with a PU sprint spike inspired heel collar, this shoe enables maximum ankle mobility alongside unmatched comfort.
- The insole of this football boot utilizes a removable Ortholite foam. This foam offers excellent underfoot cushioning for unmatched comfort. With its shock-absorbing qualities, foot strain is greatly minimized, so wearers are able to endure longer playing hours.
- The base of this New Balance football boot highlights a TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) sole unit inlaid with a nylon frame. This works to increase stiffness and give directional toe-off texture. The sole also features a firm ground stud pattern that facilitates speed and acceleration.
Fit and sizing
The New Balance Furon 4.0 Pro Firm Ground has been released in the standard sizes for men. It fits true to size and comes with a medium width. Utilizing the Fantomfit tech and Hydraskin touch, this football boot offers a snug wrap around the foot. The fit is further improved with a central lace and a mesh collar that also provides comfort.
The base of this football boot is lined with a TPU outsole fitted with a nylon frame. It also utilizes a stud pattern meant to deliver traction and acceleration on the firm ground pitch.
The upper of the Furon 4.0 Pro Firm Ground utilizes a combination of the Fantomfit tech and the Hydraskin touch membrane. This design allows the upper to offer a form-fitting wrap around the foot for supreme comfort. The fit is reinforced by a central lacing system located over at the midfoot. Meanwhile, an expanded cleanlace contact zone facilitates high shot accuracy.
- This football boot weighs 8.2 ounces.
- The brand has released this football boot in a White/Flame Red colorway.