Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
70 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
In terms of what I like, I think this upper has a lot of potential. Where it is open in the forefoot, it's soft, it's flexible. It has that barefoot sensation with a little but of padding to it. Although it does lack structure.
- The New Balance Furon 3.0 Pro Firm Ground features a hybrid TPU/polyester upper. This lightweight material is designed to provide a responsive touch on the ball.
- The firm ground soccer cleat uses the Fantom Fit technology. It is a selective melt process that fuses areas in the shoe for durability and structure.
- It also features a TPU collar area that is inspired by a sprinter spike. It allows a better range of movement around the ankle area.
- The cleat’s REVLite foam insert provides great in-shoe comfort. It is an innovative foam that creates a bouncy sensation to increase the shoe’s responsiveness.
The New Balance Furon 3.0 Pro FG is available in sizes 4 to 13 in men’s version only. The shoe has a wide foot version for players with broader feet. It fits true to size.
The base material of the New Balance Furon 3.0 Pro FG sole plate is made of a standard TPU plastic. Inlaid through the heel, midfoot, and forefoot areas is a nylon chassis that adds rigidity and structure to the plastic sole plate.
The stud pattern provides a decent amount of aggressiveness on firm, natural grass. The triangular studs in the forefoot area are strategically positioned in push-off points. There are also half-sized studs that fill in the gaps.
The shoe was also created using a redesigned straight last. It allows the shoe to provide a closer and more natural fit.
The unique upper of the New Balance Furon 3.0 Pro Firm Ground is made of an engineered hybrid TPU/polyester material. It is soft, lightweight, and provides a direct touch on the ball. Up close, the material has a knitted appearance and some texturing on the surface to provide extra grip on the ball.
One more amazing feature of the shoe is the inclusion of the Fantom Fit support system around the toe, forefoot, and midfoot areas. It is created through a selective melt process wherein two thin materials are fused to structure to the shoe’s high-stress zones. This no-sew method also contributes to the shoe’s durability.
The TPU collar of the New Balance Furon 3.0 Pro FG took inspiration from a sprinter spike. It provides a nice fit and greater range of motion for the ankle.
The shoe’s tongue is made of a thin and elastic synthetic material. It is partially stitched to the upper to keep it from moving around when you are wearing the shoe. It has some fused reinforcements toward the bottom. The top part of the tongue which is not stitched to the upper has a memory foam backing, which protects the foot from lace bites.
The removable insole of the New Balance Furon 3.0 Pro Firm Ground is called the REVlite foam. This lightweight, data-designed foam insert offers excellent cushioning and responsiveness.
- The New Balance Furon 3.0 Pro Firm Ground weighs 8.6 oz.
- The 2018 update of this model is the New Balance Furon 4.0 Pro Firm Ground.