Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
CollectionNew Balance Furon
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
84 / 100 based on 3 expert reviews
The New Balance Furon 2.0 soleplate does not need much break in time as they are flexible straight out of the box.
A great follow-up to New Balance’s first Furon, the Furon 2.0 is an exciting shoe for attack-minded players who thrive on speed. It lives up to the promise of sprinter spike grade explosiveness while providing a nice touch on the ball and a surprisingly high level of protection.
These cleats are a massive improvement from the original Furon. The upper material really makes the Furon 2.0 a completely different shoe, even though it still shares some of the same elements as the first edition.
Features of the New Balance Furon 2.0 Pro Artificial Grass
- The artificial grass model of the Furon 2.0 Pro wears a hybrid mesh upper built to bring breathability and superior ball control. The material provides a natural feel and a spacious strike area for power and precision in attacks. Strikers will benefit well from this low top boot.
- Another feature of this model is its unique FantomFit overlay that ensures excellent lockdown to the foot. It coats the upper, resembling a cage-like design. Moreover, it functions to lock in the foot and provide outstanding support and stability.
- This football boot also utilizes the New Balance Pro-form last with a molded Revlite insole. This combination results in a high degree of shock absorption as well as utmost comfort for the feet.
- For the base, New Balance has fitted this football cleat with a stiffened soleplate molded with an ultra-directional stud pattern. This arrangement brings excellent energy return and delivers unequaled acceleration.
Fit and sizing
The New Balance Furon 2.0 Pro AG boasts of a secure and comfortable fit owing to the FantomFit detailing on its upper. A Top Line lacing system reinforces foot lockdown and comfort while a sprint-shoe-inspired collar offers an adaptive fit for the foot. This low top football boot comes in the standard men’s sizes and has a medium width. It fits true to size.
The outsole of this AG boot features a stiff make that enables wearers to get maximum responsiveness and incredible acceleration. Engineered with an ultra-directional stud configuration, it delivers exceptional grip and speed on artificial grass fields.
The brand has fitted the Furon 2.0 Pro Artificial Grass with a hybrid mesh upper that gives lightweight breathability to the feet. It also works to aid a natural feel of the ball for enhanced ball manipulation. With a wider strike zone, players shoot with enhanced power and accuracy.
The upper wears a FantomFit coat that gives a secure lockdown of the foot while maintaining comfort. On the midfoot, a Top Line lacing system also works to provide stability and support.
- This football boot weighs 279 grams.
- Among the famous names that use the Furon include Álvaro Negredo, Jesús Navas, and Tim Cahill.
- This boot is also available in a firm ground version, the Furon 2.0 Pro Firm Ground.