Good to know
- In the second version of the New Balance FuelCore Nitrel, it now features some of the brand's leading trail technologies and a sleeker, more modern design offers an improved combination of performance, traction, and aesthetics.
- Equipped and updated to endure rugged trail runs, it is now engineered with a breathable mesh upper and durable synthetic overlays that now help better regulate the temperature within the shoe during runs.
- The REVlite midsole technology was kept in this updated version as it proved to be very reliable in delivering fast responsiveness compared to ordinary New Balance midsole foam.
- The FuelCore Nitrel v2 still also uses the AT TREAD hybrid outsole which is designed for road and trail use.
- Also kept in this iteration of the New Balance trail running shoe is the Toe Protect feature which offers the added protection amongst rugged and unexpected environments.
The New Balance FuelCore Nitrel v2 comes in sizes 7-14 standard and also in 7-14 4E. The shoe was built with a roomy toe box which provides a comfortable fit. Although it is also mostly reviewed as true to size and width, it is still recommended to try on a pair in one's local running shoe store to get the best fit. Also reading further about other users' reviews would be very informative.
The New Balance FuelCore Nitrel V2's outsole has a durable rubber finish. This rubber outsole features an AT (All-Terrain) Tread for a more versatile wear. The FuelCore Nitrel V2 combines both the road and trail lug patterns to take one's running experience from the road to trail and back without compromising the quality of the shoe's grip or traction.
The primary technology to the FuelCore Nitrel V2 is the REVlite which is an innovative foam that offers more responsiveness and durability compared to that of regular New Balance foams which also tends to be 30% heavier that REVlite. This midsole technology also provides a lightweight ride without sacrificing the shoe's underfoot cushioning and stability.
This shoe also incorporates the FuelCore which uses a combination of foam densities that keeps the run comfortable as ever. One foam maintains underfoot cushioning while the second foam adds a quickness to the runner's step.
This trail running shoe from New Balance is finished off with the NB Response 2.0 performance insert, which is an ultra-soft comfort insert that offers an additional layer of cushioning support. The insert also provides exceptional cushioning to protect against rough terrain while delivering energy return with every step for your best performance yet.
The New Balance FuelCore Nitrel V2's upper is constructed with a breathable mesh upper, which creates a healthy environment within the shoe. The breathable mesh upper also allows the fresh cool air to permeate through the fabric pushing out the uncomfortable heat that has built up inside the shoe. The shoe's breathability aids in getting the moisture vapor to evaporate from the shoe and provide a damp-free, cool, and regulated temperature.
The FuelCore Nitrel v2 also has the synthetic overlays and heel wrap that offers stability and durable protection against rugged and challenging terrains. And working with these overlays is the Toe Protect which adds extra protection to the front of the shoe to brace impacts and to keep the foot safe against loose debris and rocks during trail runs.
The shoe also has a padded collar that offers next-to-skin comfort. It also helps in eradicating potential chaffing and rubbing from the shoe's hard edges against the skin.
Lastly, same as the popular New Balance Fresh Foam Arishi v2, the FuelCore Nitrel v2 also uses the traditional lace-up closure to secure the shoe for a locked in feel making the New Balance FuelCore Nitrel V2 a trail running shoe that provides security and ultimate comfort.