Shoes with optimum cushioning, lateral support, and flexibility for daily workouts and studio sessions. See workout shoes
Versatile, low-profile shoes for constantly varied exercises including plyometrics, sprinting, weightlifting, and rope climbing. See CrossFit shoes
Shoes for daily wear that ensure a smooth walking gait cycle. Check out walking shoes
For people with normal pronation. Also provide support for high-arched feet with underpronation (excessive outward rolling of the foot). See neutral training shoes
For people with low-arched or flat feet and moderate overpronation (excessive inward rolling of the foot). See stability training shoes
Shoes feature stabilizing technologies for people with severe overpronation. See motion control training shoes
Good to know
Stability and motion control add-ons are uncommon for workout shoes and are never present in CrossFit or weightlifting footwear. They are mostly found in walking shoes where the gait is easier to correct.
Training footwear typically weighs between 200g and 300g per shoe to accommodate agile workouts. Minimalist trainers go as low as 150g, while weightlifting shoes can go as high as 500g.
WidthMen: StandardWomen: Extra wide, Standard, Wide
Updates to New Balance FuelCore Agility v2
- The New Balance FuelCore Agility v2 looks similar to its predecessor, but the technical features have been improved. However, they are still both designed to deliver the support and flexibility needed for strenuous physical activities.
- The upper utilizes high-performance synthetic knit mesh engineered for high-intensity athletic activities. It delivers durable support that still allows for flexibility and breathability.
- The interior is lined with a soft fabric. It has been treated with an odor-resistant chemical that keeps the foot-chamber smelling fresh.
- Instead of using the Rapid Rebound technology for the midsole like its predecessor, this iteration employs the ultra-lightweight REVlite technology. This feature affords responsiveness, support, and cushioning to the wearer.
- The outsole is made from rubber. It is claimed to enhance traction during quick lateral movements on different kinds of surfaces.
New Balance FuelCore Agility v2 size and fit
The New Balance FuelCore Agility v2 is available in women’s version only. It comes in two width options: B-Medium and D-Wide. It aligns with the usual sizing standards in both size and fit.
A rubber compound makes up the outsole of the New Balance FuelCore Agility v2. It offers a strong grip during sudden movement transitions on surfaces of all textures.
The shoe’s underside is marked with multi-textured patterns that boost flexibility and traction. The tread is ridged and punctured in various places to keep the feet firmly suctioned on the ground. The forefoot’s flex grooves promote natural foot flexion.
The New Balance FuelCore Agility v2 boasts of using the REVlite technology in its midsole. This foam compound is said to be lighter than most foam soles by 30%, without sacrificing durability and responsiveness. It also cradles the foot for additional support and cushioning.
The same type of cushioning is employed in another popular women's trainer from New Balance, the FuelCore Nergize.
The New Balance FuelCore Agility v2 has an upper made of synthetic knit mesh that reinforces sturdiness without being too rigid. The material is loosely woven to keep the foot cool and dry.
It is lined with a textile that has been treated with an odor-resistant chemical. This lining prevents the shoe’s interior from becoming a breeding ground for bacteria that cause unwanted odors.
The shoe has an atypical curved tongue that has one end attached to the upper with the other end coiled around the instep. This construction prevents the usual problem of bunching and moving around that traditional tongues have.
It has a conventional lacing system that weaves around a combination of webbed and punched eyelets. This type of eyelets is meant to be lighter and more comfortable than the others.