Who should buy the New Balance BB480
This New Balance sneaker is a good match for you if:
- You are after a sneaker with dope aesthetic that is great for various activities
- You want a shoe that is durable and easy to clean
- You prefer a shoe that can last for a long time
Who should not buy the New Balance BB480
These are very similar to AF1s - and those come in MANY colorways and variations that make the silhouette stand out. Check out our full collection of Air Force 1 sneakers. Consider the New Balance 990 for a premium quality sneaker or the New Balance 997H for a superb fit.
Dope aesthetics to match your outfits
Most sneakerheads admire the dope look of the New Balance BB840, saying that it is charming and on fire. Some find its appeal similar to the well-loved Air Jordan 1 and Nike Dunk Low.
Dirt is not a problem
Several buyers are also pleased with how easy to clean this pair is. They mentioned that wiping dirt off its leather upper is not a problem.
The New Balance BB480 won't hurt your pocket
Verified buyers are amazed that this pair belongs to the cheap sneakers list. The average price of a New Balance sneaker is around $120, which makes this pair's $75 price point attractive to anyone's eyes and pocket.
Durability is not consistent
Many verified buyers mentioned that the New Balance 480 holds up well. Long-time users vouch for this pair's long-lasting construction. However, many expressed their criticisms in the comments, saying that the toe box of the New Balance BB480 forms unappealing lines only after using it a few times.
Stable and supportive pair
According to sneaker enthusiasts, the New Balance BB480 is firm and holds their ankles well in every step. This is brought by its soft, full-grain leather and a sturdy heel counter.
Perfect size? Better HEAD to the nearest store
There have been mixed comments when it comes to the New Balance BB480's sizing. While some mentioned that it fits true to size, several buyers also commented that it runs large or small. With this, it is recommended to visit the nearest shop to cop a pair with a fit that accommodates your feet well.
The overall profile of the New Balance BB480
The New Balance 480 is a real piece of New Balance history as it was the first basketball-inspired sneaker produced in 1980. This model which combines quality and price, features an upper made of soft leather in white, with New Balance detailing and logos in black on the side panels, heel and tongue, and is completed by the white midsole with black sole. A comeback of a timeless classic with great appeal.
New Balance BB480: From classic hoops to present-day street trainers
One of the several affordable sneaker options from New Balance is the New Balance BB480.
The NB BB480 was the modernized version of an 80s NB model that premiered as premium basketball footwear. Present-day features are incorporated into the kick, creating a casual-appropriate iteration.
Features to check out
Displaying a style almost similar to the NB 550, the BB480 is outfitted with a few noticeable details:
- It is coated with a sturdy and luxurious leather upper.
- The inserted Ortholite sockliner keeps the feet dry and free from germs. Thanks to this Ortholite insert, many New Balance fans are pleased with the comfort that the shoe offers in every stride.
- It has ample collar padding that provides support and perforations on the toe box that help ventilation.
- It has a grippy utilitarian rubber cupsole with stitched foxing tape, which adds durability.
What's the update?
To give a fresh revamp to the retro-styled BB480, a few partnerships led to the tweaks to the classic BB480:
- Junya Watanabe. Giving a new breath to BB480, this BB480 version is updated with a color-blocked look while retaining all the popular elements. Watanabe branding is showcased on the insole and heel.
- Kawhi Leonard. This one is reworked with a white leather upper and candy-colored rubber outsole as it pays homage to the favorite childhood candy of Jolly Rancher, the NBA Superstar.