Extremely popular sneakers because of their price range, versatility when it comes to style, and freedom of movement. Almost everyone is guaranteed to have low-top sneakers in their shoe rotation.
Mid-top sneakers extend toward the ankle for a little more support and hold. These lie somewhere in the middle between low-top and high-top sneakers in terms of usage and popularity.
Sneakers with collars that go above the ankles for optimal hold and support are some of the most sought-after models in lifestyle shoes. Most of these shoes take their roots from basketball and have easily or fashionably crossed to mainstream wear.
Good to know
Regardless of cut, it's always good to start with sneakers that can be worn for the daily grind, also called as "beaters" by some, as these are usually cheaper, easy to clean, and still gives that lifestyle "edge" before going for those wallet-thinning models.
Sneakers dominantly take their heritage from running, basketball, skate, tennis, training, hiking, and football. Still retaining a few of their performance-based technologies, these sneakers have transcended their respective niches and have successfully and popularly transformed themselves as staples of fashion footwear.
Sneakers designed for a laidback, "cool" vibe that is built for lifestyle wear right from the get-go.
Good to know
Brands are now blending elements of performance and casual appeal in basically every sneaker. One can hardly go wrong with a sports-inspired sneaker or a simple casual shoe.
Good to know
Shoes sharing the same inspiration, history, materials, or technologies are routinely assembled under one compilation for the convenience of those who may wish to categorize or label their own collection as such. The classic collections like the Adidas Originals, Air Max 1, Air Force 1, new balance classic sneakers, and the Classic Leather head the pack of frequently asked about collections.
Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
New Balance 998 Age of Exploration History
Released in 1982, the 990 series has been tagged as the most innovative shoe design in the industry. The original 990 displays a conservative silhouette with Vibraflex sole and motion control device at the heels. This provided the wearer stability, cushioning and flexibility all in one shoe.
After it was launched, many doubters arose as 990 has a price tag that is much higher than its rivals. But remarkably they reached 10x than its projected sales and today over 10 million pairs have been sold around the world.
In 1993, New Balance created the ENCAP II technology together with the DuPont company. This technology was debuted in the M998 model. In the process, the NB invented the ABZORB foam which keeps the wearer comfortable and could maintain its properties longer than the standard EVA foams.
NB worked with the premium Horween Leather Tannery of Chicago to produce the NB 998 Age of Exploration. This model is crafted in the USA and was inspired by the wanderlusts who have a high desire to travel with plush leather and classic details. Meanwhile, the midfoot provides exceptional shock absorbing cushioning and a non-marking outsole.
New Balance 998 Age of Exploration Style
The low-top profile of the New Balance 998 Age of Exploration is said to be the wanderlusts’ go-to travel buddy. This well-crafted sneaker is made with premium leather with mesh details. It is well padded and ventilated too perfect for both cold and warm weather. This lifestyle sneaker can be seen worn with activewear, jeans, skinnies, joggers, and shorts.
Fit & Sizing
The New Balance 998 Age of Exploration is available in men’s sizes from 6.5 to 15 in medium width. This pair generally runs true to size. It has the traditional lace-up closure system for a secure fit. The NB 998 Age of Exploration has the ABZORB midfoot cushioning to provide shock-absorbing padding, thus giving its wearer comfort with every stride.
The combination of plush suede and mesh upper gives the New Balance 998 Age of Exploration a perfect blend of luxurious appeal and sporty look. These materials are finished off with deluxe color combinations, thus further enhances its charm to many buyers.
- The ABZORB cushioning is encapsulated by the ENCAP midsole. The Absorb foam is a polymer that disperses the forces out from the impact to reduce the shock transferred through the shoes and up to the body.
- It has a non-marking rubber outsole.
- The Made in the USA are sneakers constructed in the USA and it has been recorded that 4 million pairs are being produced annually in the USA. This figure only represents a limited portion of their sales. 70% of the shoe is made in the USA and the other 30% is the labor and some materials imported from the other countries.