Neutral / cushion / high arch
Shoes for runners who do not need any additional arch support (Around 50% of runners). Best for people with normal, high or medium high arches. See the best neutral shoes.
Stability / overpronation / normal arch
Shoes for runners who need mild to moderate arch support (Around 45% of runners). Best for runners with a low arch. See the best stability shoes.
Motion control / severe overpronation / flat feet
Shoes for runners who needs a lot of arch support. Best for runners with flat feet. See the best motion control shoes.
Good to know
Cushioned shoes for your daily easy running. Great comfort. See best shoes for daily running.
Lightweight shoes good for races, interval training, tempo runs and fartlek. Here are the best competition running shoes.
Good to know
If you want just one pair of shoes, buy a shoe for daily running.
WeightMen: 7.2ozWomen: 5.6oz
Heel to toe dropMen: 6mmWomen: 6mm
The height difference from the heel to the forefoot, also known as heel drop, toe spring, heel to toe spring or simply drop.
There are many opinions about what a good heel drop is. We do not recommend any in particular. Lean more in this video.
WidthMen: Normal, WideWomen: Normal, Wide, X-Wide
Experts are runners, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
85 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
Losing the outsole rubber really helps soften the ride and shock, front to back, and especially at mid foot and it also makes transitions off mid foot far easier for me, especially at slower paces.
- The New Balance 890 v7 is a road running shoe redesigned to provide versatility. This is crafted for those who intend to excel in uptempo workouts and daily training activities. When compared to the previous models, this version is more responsive and lighter in structure.
- The engineered knit upper is integrated into the upper section of the 890 v7. The primary purpose of which is to deliver a more reactive and breathable coverage. As a result, a more relaxed, healthier and fresher foot environment is promoted. The material is also focused on providing additional flexibility.
- With the utilization of the gusseted tongue and deconstructed heel collar, the foot is kept in place. It also provides added comfort throughout the run.
- This New Balance shoe also features a redesigned outsole. The outer sole is made up of rubber and ground contact foam that offers a more comfortable and enjoyable ride. This material is strategically placed for durability.
The New Balance 890 v7 is a neutral running shoe. It utilizes the standard running shoe measurements. Because of its semi-curved structure, it is sure to accommodate the natural shape and curvature of the foot. With the footwear's sizing schemes, runners can continue to have their usual shoe length preferences. The available width profiles for the men's version are D – Medium and 2E – Wide while the women’s version is B – Medium and D – Wide.
Like the New Balance 860 v9, the blown rubber material is integrated into the outsole of the New Balance 890 v7. This material is strategically placed in high wear areas where increased durability is needed. This rubber protects the midsole section from possible wear and tear as well. Constructed to be flexible, each step is made to be bouncier. As a result, a more enjoyable and seamless ride is experienced by the runner.
Used in making the shoe is the Ground Contact REVlite Foam. This component of the footwear aims to provide additional responsiveness without compromising its weight.
An innovative foam compound called the RevLite is utilized in crafting the shoe. This foam is essential in providing a responsive and lightweight cushioning that is needed in tackling a wide variety of surfaces.
Located between the outsole and midsole are the TPU inserts. The goal of which is to deliver added propulsion especially when lifting off the ground. With this feature, a smoother heel-to-toe transition is also encouraged.
The Engineered Knit is integrated into the footwear. It lies throughout the upper to provide a more breathable and lightweight coverage. This single-layer material is essential in making sure that a healthier and drier foot environment is encouraged.
New Balance added the gusseted tongue construction as a feature of the shoe. The primary focus of which is to hold the foot in place without sacrificing comfort. As a result, possible shoe removal during the running activity is prevented and lessened.
The no-sew construction is applied to the footwear. New Balance added this feature to ensure that the foot is free from any possible irritation during the session. As a result, a comfortable running experience will be appreciated by the user.
Featured in the New Balance 890 v7 is the deconstructed heel. This component of the shoe aims to deliver a lighter weight structure. It also ensures a secure and snug fit to prevent bunions, plantar fasciitis, ingrown toenails, and blood circulatory problems.
Hugging the foot in a sock-like manner is the sole responsibility of the soft fabric lining. This is essential in staving off potential effects of painful fabric rubbing and hot spots.
- The PL-6 last is used in the making of the New Balance 890 v7. This is a running-specific last which is described to have a standard forefoot, heel, and toe box height.