Shoes with optimum cushioning, lateral support, and flexibility for daily workouts and studio sessions. See workout shoes
Versatile, low-profile shoes for constantly varied exercises including plyometrics, sprinting, weightlifting, and rope climbing. See CrossFit shoes
Shoes for daily wear that ensure a smooth walking gait cycle. Check out walking shoes
For people with normal pronation. Also provide support for high-arched feet with underpronation (excessive outward rolling of the foot). See neutral training shoes
For people with low-arched or flat feet and moderate overpronation (excessive inward rolling of the foot). See stability training shoes
Shoes feature stabilizing technologies for people with severe overpronation. See motion control training shoes
Good to know
Stability and motion control add-ons are uncommon for workout shoes and are never present in CrossFit or weightlifting footwear. They are mostly found in walking shoes where the gait is easier to correct.
Training footwear typically weighs between 200g and 300g per shoe to accommodate agile workouts. Minimalist trainers go as low as 150g, while weightlifting shoes can go as high as 500g.
Heel to toe dropWomen: 4mm
WidthWomen: Normal, Wide
Updates to New Balance 811 v2 Trainer
- The New Balance 811 v2 Trainer is a low-cut training shoe that was designed to be used for a wide array of fitness activities. It has retained the same design and features of its previous version while adding a few improvements along the way. These upgrades enhance the support, versatility, and cushioning that this model provides.
- The upper is completely made from mesh for a featherweight, breathable, and comfortable feel. It also has a lower quarter area to enable unrestricted ankle mobility.
- Among the features that have been retained are the Fantom Tape overlays. However, their design has been changed to a busy, criss-cross pattern instead of the previous beam-like arrangement. It is meant to improve lateral support. They have also introduced a new synthetic leather overlay in order to maintain the trainer’s structural integrity.
- The tongue is now made from a thin felt material for a lighter build. The tongue loop has also been decreased to one instead of the previous two. It still serves to prevent the tongue from bunching or moving around.
- The biggest change of the 811 v2 Trainer is the outsole. It now features a Spin Spot that enables seamless twisting and turning movements during studio workouts.
New Balance 811 v2 Trainer size and fit
The New Balance 811 v2 Trainer is a training shoe that was crafted with the women’s feet in mind. It typically runs true to size with two width options available: B - Medium and D - Wide.
Rubber composes the entirety of the outsole of the New Balance 811 v2 Trainer. For boosted traction, pods of the same material are strategically installed on the sole’s outer forefoot edge and heel.
The CUSH+ is the main technology used in the midsole of the New Balance 811 v2 Trainer. This plush foam compound is softer than most performance foams. The company claims that this midsole delivers responsive cushioning and comfort, while still retaining its sturdiness and durability.
The shoe has a 4-mm drop to afford a close-to-the-ground feel to the wearer. This height ensures steadiness throughout dynamic exercises.
The New Balance 811 v2 Trainer employs synthetic mesh and leather for its upper. It has a low-cut profile to allow the ankle to have a full range of motion.
It is accentuated by the Fantom tape overlays on the sides and the heel for support. It also has a leather overlay along the quarter area to maintain the shoe’s form.
The thin felt tongue protects the instep from irritation caused by the shoelaces. The tongue is kept secure and in place by a loop in the middle where the laces can weave through.
Ladies looking for a stylish yet performing trainer with a sleeker design might as well take a look at the New Balance FuelCore Nergize.