Neutral / cushion / high arch
Shoes for runners who do not need any additional arch support (Around 50% of runners). Best for people with normal, high or medium high arches. See the best neutral shoes.
Stability / overpronation / normal arch
Shoes for runners who need mild to moderate arch support (Around 45% of runners). Best for runners with a low arch. See the best stability shoes.
Motion control / severe overpronation / flat feet
Shoes for runners who needs a lot of arch support. Best for runners with flat feet. See the best motion control shoes.
Good to know
Cushioned shoes for your daily easy running. Great comfort. See best shoes for daily running.
Lightweight shoes good for races, interval training, tempo runs and fartlek. Here are the best competition running shoes.
Good to know
If you want just one pair of shoes, buy a shoe for daily running.
WeightMen: 9.8ozWomen: 7.2oz
Heel to toe dropMen: 4mmWomen: 4mm
The height difference from the heel to the forefoot, also known as heel drop, toe spring, heel to toe spring or simply drop.
There are many opinions about what a good heel drop is. We do not recommend any in particular. Lean more in this video.
WidthMen: NormalWomen: Normal
- New Balance made several changes in the 810 v3 to give this line a boost on its performance. Runners who have had issues with the bulky weight of the past version will be very glad to know that the 3rd iteration of the 810 is lighter than ever. New Balance did this my removing many of the stitched overlays before, by using new and lightweight upper materials, and by utilizing its top of the line midsole that is 30% lighter than most foams in their arsenal.
- Breathability is clearly improved in the new version as there is more mesh throughout. It is another direct result of the removal of several overlays. New Balance added vents in the shoe as well and covered them with the new mesh to keep dirt and debris off. Runners are assured of a really well-ventilated shoe that makes every run very cool and sweat-free.
- The Vibram outsole gets a reboot in the more of more numerous and more aggressive lugs scattered throughout the outsole. New Balance makes the 810 v3 more reliable and versatile on the trail with this update.
- Midsole cushioning is no longer the standard EVA. Covering the entire length of the midsole is the U4ic foam, which has the same durability and responsive features of the company exclusive AP+ midsole, but 30% lighter.
- The new 4mm drop is designed to work with the new midsole foam. New Balance enhanced the transition from the heel to the forefoot as well as the closer to the ground feel for better ground feedback.
The 3rd edition of the 810 series continues to be very much the same as the original model. It has average fit and sizing that most runners with medium to narrow foot will find comfortable. New Balance gives this shoe the classic fit of a trainer that has ample space in the heel and forefoot with a snug midfoot. Available widths are medium, wide, and extra wide while sizes are from 6 to 15 for the men’s and 5 to 12 for the women’s.
The outsole of this cheap running shoe features a new configuration of deep and multi-directional lugs for increased bite on the trail. New Balance calls this technology the AT Tread. Unlike before, these lugs are greater in number, bigger, and scattered all over the underfoot for a really good grip on a variety of trail surfaces. An Ndurance rubber is located in high impact areas for more durability while blown rubber is in the forefoot for added traction. This material is also placed in the outsole of the New Balance 990 v4.
One of the biggest changes in the 810 v3 is the inclusion of the REVlite foam. Not only is it 30% lighter than many of the company’s shoes, it retains the durability and bounce back features of another premium midsole foam in the AP+. The use of the REVlite gives the new version a more cushioned, softer, but responsive ride.
The upper is a basic blend of mesh with superb ventilation and synthetic overlays for added structure and support. Located below the mesh is the ripstop nylon material for upper durability and a bit more structure. A standard lace-up closure closes the deal in the upper section.