Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
Up for grabs in men’s sizes 7-13, count on the Deconstructed version of the round-toe and low-top New Balance 696 to provide plenty of wiggle room for the toes as well as unrestricted ankle movement. Made of a one-piece thin, unlined suede overlaid with a heel counter, this shoe promises comfort while providing sufficient support.
Rock your favorite sweats, chinos, jeans, and shorts with the running shoe-inspired and low-top NB 696 Deconstructed and expect to make heads turn. Often crafted in subtle tones like black, white, navy blue and beige, its main accents are its white midsoles and leather tongue. There are, however a few models with contrasting colors on the heel counter to give the shoe a bit more pop.1
Its plentifully perforated upper sets this shoe apart from other 696 models. Donned with perforations on the toe area, the side panels, and the N logo, this sneaker is capable of keeping feet cool and dry all day. Its Revlite midsole, cushy and light, also ensures durability, not to mention responsiveness.
Boasting an impressive lifespan, New Balance definitely spent its lengthy time wisely. To date, many athletes and sneaker addicts trust and remain loyal to the brand due to its efforts to maintain their products’ top-notch quality.
After many decades, some of the brand’s well-loved classics remain in production. The running shoe NB 696, in particular, still stands as one of its most coveted kicks. Seen in a variety of materials and shades, the brand, a few years back, once again revamped this iconic model.
Popularly known as the New Balance 696 Deconstructed, this rendition made its preview December 2014 and was put on the market early months of the year 2015. Built with premium suede and a Revlite midsole, the iteration is renowned for its added comfort as well as its lightweight construction.
- The New Balance 696 Deconstructed’s rubber outsole offers dependable grip and traction.
- Depending on the colorway, its tongue can be made of either suede or mesh.
- Achieve a more secure fit with the help of the lacing system. Some models are fitted with leather laces while others include flat laces.
- “NB” logo is debossed on both the heel and the tongue label. The side of the heel stabilizer, on the one hand, displays an embossed “New Balance” wordmark
- Stitching detailing on the heel overlay gives the shoe added appeal.
- A winter variation of this model was also released in December 2016.