|Arch support:||Motion control|
|Weight:||Men: 15oz | Women: 11.9oz|
|Heel to toe drop:||Men: 12mm | Women: 12mm|
|Arch type:||Low arch|
|Strike Pattern:||Heel strike|
|Foot Condition:||Flat feet|
|Distance:||Daily running | Long distance | Marathon|
|Type:||Heavy | Big guy|
|Width:||Normal | Normal|
- New Balance introduces an extremely stable ride for large runners and heavy overpronators. In the 587, runners get superb medial and lateral supports coming from a high-density foam and a TPU midsole insert to truly hold excessive overpronation to a minimum.
- More than just supporting the medial part, New Balance adds another post on the lateral side of the shoe to keep the stride in the center of the platform. It is a feature that, together with the medial support, acts like the wall that really guides the feet every step of the way.
- Adding stability to the shoe is the wide and flat outsole. With a better platform for the toes to work on, the shoe gives the runner a better chance of staying neutral when running.
- In order to deliver some measure of flexibility, New Balance uses substantial flex grooves that run horizontally in the 587. It keeps the shoe from running or feeling like a block of wood as it still allows some sort of bend and comfort.
- Making the run more comfortable is a soft and responsive foam in the ABZORB. It is located in the heel and forefoot and gives the shoe another hint of flexibility and softness that are rarely found in motion control shoes.
New Balance offers a standard fit for the 587. There is more than adequate space in the heel and forefoot with a very snug midfoot. The spacious toe box accommodates runners with inflexible or wider feet. Runners have plenty of options to get their most comfortable zone as it comes in medium, wide, and extra wide widths. Sizes are standard with options starting from 6 to 15 for the men’s and 5 to 12 for the women’s.
The outsole of this New Balance shoe for running is made of solid rubber with deep, horizontal grooves. As the New Balance 587 is built for heavy-framed runners and serious overpronators, the full contact outsole gives another element of stability in the shoe. For much needed natural flex coming from a motion control shoe, the deep and horizontal flex grooves do their job very well.
The proprietary ABZORB foam from New Balance in the heel and forefoot sprinkles a dose of flexibility to an otherwise very stiff shoe that is designed for heavy runners with excessive overpronation. It makes the run a bit softer with decent rebound features. Maximum control is delivered through a high-density foam on the medial side. A TPU shank extends from the lateral to the medial side to hold the heel, stabilize the ride, and provide superior structure in this shoe.
New Balance uses standard mesh for sufficient breathability with synthetic overlays all over the upper to really add support and structure. In the rear, an external heel counter works with the lateral and medial posts to truly lock down the foot from excessive overpronation. 3M reflective materials enhance low-visibility running.