Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
The New Balance 574 Retro Sport is built with a traditional lace-up closure that offers a customized, secure fit. The women sizes range from 5 to 12 US in standard width, while the men’s sizes are in 4 to 16 US in medium width. This sneaker generally runs narrow.
Those with slender feet and prefers enough room in the toebox are recommended to obtain a half size higher than their usual size, while those with wide feet are advised to get a full size higher to enjoy the maximum advantages of this sneaker.
The 1980s-inspired low-top New Balance 574 Retro Sport is simply a knockout to those who favor the classic style as an everyday lifestyle footwear option. The contrasting shades available for this 574 edition reigns in simplicity and offers a retro vibe that makes this sneaker a versatile choice to pair with heaps of casual wardrobe. These clothing options include a pair of straight-fit pants, slim-fit denim, chinos, khakis, flimsy and maxi dresses, and short skirts.
New Balance brings back another classic offering packaged with simple contrasting color variants named as the 574 Retro Sport. This pair of retro-inspired kicks is a delight to sneaker-loving individuals who want and need an all-around style of shoe for daily wear.
Versatility is not the only topnotch quality offered by this timeless-looking lifestyle sneaker, but breathability and comfort as well. The upper construction is made with an air permeating mesh fabric with premium suede overlays. The shell of this sneaker sits atop a midsole unit that is built with the ENCAP property, which intends to soften the effect of impact to the foot.
New Balance jumpstarted the Summer season of 2017 with the drop of the low-top New Balance 574 Retro Sport. This throwback 574 model led consumers to the late 1980s era, a time in history when this most-favored NB silhouette first appeared in the market as an advanced running shoe.
As its name implies, the 574 Retro Sport carries with it the traditional look of the original trainer, which brings a sense of nostalgia to NB loyal supporters and sneaker collectors. Similarly, this model gives the new breed of sneaker enthusiasts an orientation of how the old-school runners look like back in the day.
The New Balance 574 Retro Sport imitates the hip fashion of the 1980s as it initially came in three contrasting hues namely Powder, Red, and Electric Blue, all paired with a Sea Salt base color. The stitched suede and mesh cover of this model rests on a tan rubber gum sole, a kind of outsole material seen in a lot of running shoes during the 1970s and 1980s.
The retro fever was taking its peak when the 574 runner started to create footprints in 1988. This silhouette was originally dropped as an innovative running shoe that offered racers and amateur running enthusiasts the ability to achieve their personal best. It was launched during the same year when music artists such as Enya, Gloria Estefan, U2, and The Beach Boys were dominating the airwaves.
Competition in the athletic footwear industry went stiff towards the 1990s as contenders in sporting goods became more aggressive than ever in pulling off cutting-edge performance shoes. The running market was offered with a multitude of options of performance shoes, and the quality of New Balance products is one of the reasons why NB devotees are kept drawn to the brand. Specifically, the NB 574 sneakers have developed a cult of followers among New Balance loyalists, which is why it maintained its prominence in the market.
Soon enough, the world was swept by the rapid growth of sneaker-loving consumers and footwear manufacturers such as New Balance took the challenge to create lifestyle shoes. New Balance responds by resurrecting and reimagining shoes starting from its 1980s running catalog.This formula brought life back to the New Balance 574, which is reworked into a multitude of selections of colors, materials, and textures as it remains one of the much-favored silhouettes by the brand.
- The tan-colored outsole called gum sole is made of durable rubber, which provides a long life to this 574 edition.
- Just like the original 574 model, the low-top New Balance 574 Retro Sport has the ENCAP feature in the midsole, which is an innovative technology made up of a soft, cushioning core of EVA, encapsulated within a hard-wearing rim of polyurethane. This unit is embedded in the midsole and disperses shock to a broader region, thereby offering the needed cushioning and protection to the foot.
- The EVA or ethylene-vinyl acetate is a dense kind of foam commonly used as a midsole cushioning material in most sneakers.
- The lining of the thickly padded tongue and the interior of this 574 edition is made with a soft, cushioned fabric that resembles a Terry cloth material.
- Has a removable foam insole that offers comfort to the feet.
- This sneaker has a TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) insert in the upper and rear sides of the shoe that provides additional support and holds the heel firmly in place. The TPU insert, which is one of the fundamental kinds of support found in most sneakers, offers stability when the foot hits the ground.