Fit & Sizing
Wearers of the 501 Ripple Sole can expect to get adequate support from this sneaker, with its classic running shoe silhouette. Men’s models are offered in sizes 6.5 to 18 and are available in Standard D and Wide 2E widths. The women’s versions, on the other hand, are offered in sizes 5-12 and in Standard B width. The sneaker generally runs true to size.
New Balance 501 Ripple Sole Style
New Balance fans worldwide consider this versatile low-top lifestyle shoe, with its stunning and fashion-forward aesthetics as well as its lightweight and durable construction, as a wardrobe essential. Released in a wide array of colorways, from the simple steel to the vibrant red, this shoe goes well with various casual clothing including jeans, sweatpants and shorts.
Avid followers of the brand will certainly recognize the shoe for its ripple outsole and its attractive upper, which can be made of various materials from mesh, leather and suede to all textile. And, like most, if not all New Balance creations, this shoe also features the famous stitched “N” logo.
New Balance 501 Ripple Sole History
Standing out in a highly-competitive industry with ambitious and fierce global sneaker giants is difficult; however, New Balance seems to have discovered the formula to achieve this without the need for high-end celebrity endorsements.
For over a century, New Balance remained loyal to their “Endorsed by No One” philosophy. While their rivals sought the help of musicians and athletes to promote their products, this business stood out by using craftsmanship and quality as their main selling point. To top it off, New Balance continues to impress their followers with how they were able to maintain at least 70% of their production in the US.
The 501 Ripple Sole is just one among the many promising creations in the 501 collection, a popular New Balance line that consists of budget-friendly running shoe classics. This product was created by fusing 501’s famous silhouette with the iconic Ripple Outsole of the “Trackster”, which is the first running shoe to feature this outsole pattern and the first footwear to be released in various widths.
- The 501 Ripple Sole’s rubber outsole, which gives the shoe its vintage vibe, also offers reliable traction.
- For all-day comfort, the sneaker also features a lightweight, cushioned midsole.
- Optimal fit can be achieved with the shoe’s lace-up closure.
- The sneaker has removable insoles that provide improved impact absorption.
- Those who have foot problems can replace the shoe’s removable insole with orthotics.
- The sneaker’s collar and tongue have been padded and the shoe's interior has been lined with breathable and soft textile for a better in-shoe feel.