Fit & Sizing
The New Balance 247 Sport is available in standard medium width for men’s and women’s version. Ladies can pick from sizes ranging from 5.5 to 11 US while men can check out dimensions from 4 to 14 US. Also, the good thing about its fit is that it runs true to size.
Also known as the NB 247S, this model is among the New Balance 247 series that utilizes an engineered knit upper that gives way for better foot breathability which in the process results to a comfier and more enhanced fit.
New Balance 247 Sport Style
The New Balance 247 Sport has a contemporary style with a sporty look. The clean, simple design gives it a classical touch. Designed for people with an active lifestyle, it is loaded with smart functionality. Apart from its lightweight and sleek construction that gives ample breathability, it also has a stylishly sophisticated silhouette with a sporty vibe that excellently complements a variety of casual ensembles which both men and women can definitely appreciate and enjoy.
It is a gym-ready shoe that also goes well with jeans and casual pants. As it preserves the classic silhouette of iconic shoes, it can still be an option for more formal occasions. With different New Balance technologies fused together, the 247S is a performance-focused, contemporary and innovative sneaker that establishes itself as a staple in a modern casual ensemble. Among the suggested ways of wearing these low-top sneakers are:
- Women can rock their New Balance 247 Sport in white and match it with a fringe blue skirt and a white tie-front blouse.
- For ladies who want to opt for a head-to-toe monochrome look, they can also wear the white New Balance 247 sneaker and match it with cuffed white denim jeans and a white sweater or t-shirt.
- For a more formal appeal, the white NB sneaker can complement striped pants and a striped suit perfect for business attire.
- For those who are heading to someplace warm, they can pair their New Balance 247 Sport sneaker with cutoff shorts and a tank.
- The New Balance 247S in grey can excellently match cuffed denim jeans and a white t-shirt, providing a definite straightforward look with a comfier vibe.
- Men can also rock a pair of these NB sneakers and pair them with cuffed cream khaki pants and cuffed long-sleeved shirt for an excellent semi-casual ensemble.
- Black shorts and a blue cotton long sleeve shirt along with a hat are perfect combinations to coordinate with New Balance 247 Sport in olive or black colorway.
As the name suggests, New Balance is aiming for an enhancement in the functionality of this quickly-blossoming silhouette. The Boston, Massachusetts-based company came up with innovations in the upper to produce better performance in the 247 Sport.
Found in the upper of the New Balance 247 Sport is an engineered mesh that is made of different layers. The multi-layer upper is designed to provide the right fusion of flexibility and support. It offers stiffness and flexibility in the right areas to seamlessly hold and support the user without being restrictive in any way.
The second major feature in the shoe is the pronounced midfoot strap that also houses the very obvious “N” logo of New Balance. More than a very apparent aesthetic reference to the company, it also functions as a very dependable and durable midfoot hold. In this regard, New Balance stayed consistent to its goal of giving the shoe a more high-flying performance to match its already formidable appeal as lifestyle footwear.
New Balance 247 Sport History
After shaking the sneaker world during the release of the New Balance 247 Luxe, the brand released another 247 shoe that is quite a head-turner. Released in February 2017, the New Balance 247 Sport is part of the 247 Collection, which was first introduced in December 2016. The New Balance 247 Collection features the brand’s iconic shoe styling with modern innovations. The entire collection was inspired by classics including the New Balance 1300, New Balance 998 and New Balance 576.
To pay tribute to the old New Balance running models, the 247 Sport has the iconic reflective New Balance logo, collar strap, and the circular rubber logo placed on the tongue. The collection of iconic silhouettes that this shoe is based on makes the 247 Sport a veritable and fantastic menagerie of these very sought-after casual shoes.
While the 247 Luxe offers a luxurious look featuring premium leather on its gum outsole and upper, the 247 Sport offers a performance, sporty version featuring a breathable knit upper. The facelift in the upper also comes with a boost in durability for those who are more suited to a more active lifestyle.
The 247S is a fusion of different New Balance technologies. It is designed to allow the users to seamlessly wear it from day to night and night to day, perfect for modern men and women who live busy lives as if there is no stopping them. Designed with an Ariaprene bootie construction, it is made and destined to be both fashion-forward and secure in every circumstance.
Although it did not get the same kind of all-out introduction the first 247 model was given, this shoe still, quickly and easily, caught the fancy of more than a good portion of sneaker-loving people. The unsurprising surge in the popularity of the 247 series is likely to see this Sport version as one of the favorites and ubiquitous footwear for this year and probably many more.
- The New Balance 247 Sport is a lightweight sporty sneaker that is loaded with reliable technologies. It features the lightweight REVlite midsole that offers durable cushioning and responsiveness.
- To give added cushioning in the heel, EVA material is also used. The flexible engineered mesh in the upper delivers breathability and comfort.
- Unlike the first release of the 247, which was designed for a more casual feel, the Sport model of the 247 uses an engineered mesh upper for more durability and a slightly more athletic outlook.