Good to know
Who is it for? This shoe is suitable for all-level players, especially the advanced ones who are in search of a stable all-court trainer. It is most beneficial for the aggressive movers who put a high value on every minute of on-court action.
What makes it stand out?
- The upper offers a lockdown fit and stability as it’s built with a foot-hugging bootie arrangement.
- It comes with a lightweight built that allows you to fly in any direction on hard and soft courts.
- A parallel wave technology underfoot can buffer impact and disperse energy at a broader area for improved landing and takeoff performances.
Rubber compound. The bottommost layer is composed of hard-wearing X10 carbon rubber. It may not be the most durable rubber outsole compound in the market, but it allows you to stay consistent with your game since it’s intended to grant ample grip and traction.
Grip. The shoe carries a modified herringbone outsole format so it can grip on clay and hard court surfaces. Since this high-performance tennis footgear doesn’t come with an outsole durability warranty, it is best to wear them on match days.
Flexibility. D-Flex Groove is placed in the midfoot, which enables the wearer to turn and shift in directions at full speed and force through natural body movement.
Stability. The middle section of the shoe that’s sandwiched by the upper and outsole features the Mizuno Wave plate that cushions the foot from impact during landings. It also diffuses energy to a broader area of the outsole and improves its spring back quality.
Cushioning. The SR Touch technology is an advanced cushioning component. It’s integrated into the midsole to absorb shock before it reaches the foot, thereby minimizing discomforts. Its lightweight construction allows the foot to transition smoothly and quickly. Its PoWnCe capability is almost the same as the Ap+ but made 10% lighter.
Added support. Offering extra cushioning on the rearfoot is the Ap+ heel wedge. Such a lightweight and long-lasting component is engineered to ensure an increase in rebound.
Fit. For maximum stability, comfortable, and glove-like fit, this shoe is designed with the DynamotionFit bootie construction. Complementing this element is a molded ergonomic insole that prevents the heel from slipping inside during movements.
Steadiness. To further boost comfort and steadiness, the shoe is made with the improved U4icX Strobel lasting board. The upper and bottom are attached together like a sock following this stitching technique.
Mobility and breathability. The remaining sections of the upper are made with the durable 3D-Solid treatment to allow flexibility and heighten up its breathability.
- PoWnCe is a portmanteau of power and bounce.
- The longer term for D-Flex Groove is diagonal flexible groove.
- Mizuno started from manufacturing running shoes. Over time, it has grown substantially that it has added tennis shoes under its umbrella.