|Weight:||Men: 6.4oz | Women: 5.1oz|
|Heel to toe drop:||Men: 0mm | Women: 0mm|
|Arch type:||High arch|
|Strike Pattern:||Forefoot strike|
|Heel height:||Men: 21mm | Women: 21mm|
|Forefoot height:||Men: 21mm | Women: 21mm|
|Type:||Low drop | Zero drop|
|Width:||Men: Normal | Women: Normal|
Experts are runners, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
86 / 100 based on 7 expert reviews
A roomy, minimal shoe that provides better protection than usually found in such lightweight footwear.
One of the first thing you’ll notice is the really breathable open mesh uppers. It is like a fish-net and see-through and in cold weather, your feet will feel the cold!
Mizuno’s first moves into minimalism are a welcome addition.
It’s a great summer-friendly option for short-to-middle distance runners looking for maximum performance in a minimal package.
Perfect for everyday training runs/tempos or races. It provides just enough toe-spring that you will want to run in them more.
The only issue I have with it, though, is that there is a lot of friction experienced during toe-off due to the mesh upper rubbing up against the toes.
- Like its beefier cousin, the Cursoris, the Mizuno EVO Levitas 2.0 now features a new one-piece upper that allows a more comfortable and personalized fit. The update promises to be a major point for experienced minimalist runners as they can fully maximize their natural running stride.
- With the new one-piece upper, most of the overlays have been removed. There’s only one major overlay that provides a bit of structure and support. It is another feature that will surely delight minimalist runners.
- The holes in the mesh are not as large, but they are countless in this shoe. This material is more durable and still effectively makes the shoe as breathable as ever.
- The plastic-like toe protection is replaced by a sturdier and lighter rubber. Mizuno wanted a bit more protection in the shoe as there were past issues regarding this area in the past model.
- Mizuno added its newest midsole compound in the 2nd edition of the EVO Levitas. It now features the U4ic midsole, which has the same properties as the reliable AP+, but at least 30% lighter.
Fit and sizing resembles that of the original EVO Levitas. It has a standard measurement with a nice toe room due to the oblique design of the forefoot. Runners with medium-sized measurements should be able to find their sweet spots in this shoe. Available widths are D and B while sizes are from 6 to 15 for the men’s and 5 to 12 for the women’s.
The unfailing X10 rubber is fitted in high-wear areas. Mizuno uses this tough carbon rubber in almost all of the shoes in their line because of its incredible durability. This material is also present in Mizuno Wave Creation 20, Mizuno Wave Inspire 15, and other popular running shoes from Mizuno.
Minimalist runners will love the Deep and Multi-Directional Flex Grooves as they give the shoe excellent flexibility while transitions are made smoother as well.
The midsole is a perfect match of the new U4ic compound and the proven AP+ midsole foam. Both of them have practically the same kind of responsive cushioning and durability. The U4ic is included as it is 30% lighter and adds another level to the said features without putting on more weight. Mizuno’s iconic Wave EVO is located in this area as well. The Wave is a mechanical device placed in the forefoot of this shoe for more powerful take offs.
As the EVO Levitas 2.0 is designed for seasoned minimalist runners, the less is more principle is applied here. The one-piece upper is composed of breathable AirMesh and only one major overlay. Mizuno incorporates the Gore-Tex XCR for some protection against water. Although it is not a full-blown waterproofing membrane, it does keep the shoe adequately dry during drizzles. An asymmetrical lacing works in tandem with the ultra-flexible mesh for a very personalized fit.