Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
96 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
Do I like the Rebula? Very much so, and I’m here to tell you that they are a boot worth serious consideration. But, they could also be a boot that stands alongside the Morelia and Wave Ignitus series to provide a trifecta of boot options for Mizuno enthusiasts.
Features of the Mizuno Rebula V1 MIJ Firm Ground
- Created to replace the Wave Ignitus series, the Mizuno Rebula V1 MIJ Firm Ground football boot amped up their game in terms of construction and cleat technologies.
- Sporting a kangaroo leather upper, this football boot is highly regarded for its quality. The natural leather material not only brings an outstanding fit, it also aims to deliver unparalleled touch. Over time, the k-leather adjusts to the contours of the foot naturally.
- The Controlframe technology has also been integrated into the upper acting as the shoe’s skeleton. It brings structure to the shoe without compromising comfort. Hand in hand with this innovative feature is the lacing system installed in the midfoot as it aids in keeping the fit more personalized.
- While there are two centers that manufacture this football boot, namely Japan and Indonesia, there are minimal differences in their upper’s construction. With this Japanese version, the construction is handcrafted to every detail. Footballers are assured of the highest quality control through its rigorous and demanding manufacturing process. The Indonesian version, on other hand, is processed with the mix of machinery and craft.
- The outsole of the Mizuno Rebula V1 MIJ Firm Ground brings pivotal traction in firm ground courts. Created out of a Polyurethane (PU) material, the soleplate consists of conical and elongated studs engineered for adapting in sudden movements particularly for sharp turns.
- D-Flex grooves are also used in the shoe’s construction which allows for maximum grip and speedy transitions on the field. This feature includes grooves that have been placed in the midfoot area that aid the player’s foot movement especially when making turns.
Fit and sizing
Widely praised for its superb fit, the k- leather upper of this football boot wraps around the player’s foot and gradually molds to its shape, creating an individualized fit. It is available in men’s standard sizes ranging from 8.5 to 13. An off-centered lacing system allows for a more secure fit and cleaner strike zones. The lacing system used is quite different from the traditional ones found in the Adidas Mundial Goal and Adidas Samba Classic; these models place their laces at the center of the shoe.
Created out of Polyurethane (PU) and Nylon material, the outsole of the Mizuno Rebula V1 Made in Japan FG is designed to withstand the test of time and traction on firm ground courts. The soleplate has a total of eleven conical studs which in/cludes four in the heel area and seven in the forefoot. A few elongated studs are installed along with the conical studs in forefoot area to even out soleplate weight distribution.
For effective transitions on the pitch, the brand’s D-Flex Groove technology is incorporated into the shoe’s construction. Featuring slanted grooves across the midfoot area, this element maximizes agility as well as power on the pitch. This is done by efficient transference of bodily movements and changes in direction.
The upper of the Rebula V1 MIJ FG speaks of quality and craftsmanship through its premium kangaroo leather. The fit brought about this natural leather type is highly sought out as it brings a personalized fit. It conforms to the shape of the player’s foot as it stretches over time. A good ball touch also results from its thin and flexible characteristic. Its lightweight quality also contributes to faster transitions on the pitch.
Two versions of this shoe are made available by Mizuno, namely the Indonesian and Made in Japan FG boots. While both variations have a similar upper leather type, the Japanese version is handcrafted up to 24 hours per shoe.
A Controlframe technology has been integrated into the upper’s construction. Acting as a skeleton to the shoe, this technology brings structure to the shoe while aiding ball control. A lacing system which is positioned towards the lateral side of the cleat also enables the player to tweak the fit in accordance with their needs.
- The Mizuno Rebula V1 MIJ Firm Ground football boot is available in the Black, Silver and Diva Blue colorway.
- Insole foam inserts for this football boot are topped with a Velcro-like material which grips the player’s foot, avoiding slippage.
- This football boot weighs 244 grams.