Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
95 / 100 based on 4 expert reviews
The Rebula 2 is a significant upgrade from the Rebula 1. It’s more comfortable and more supportive. The colorway is so hole-in-one. This football boot is love in leather form. It is built on comfort and control. The Rebula 2 has been stuffed to the brim with modern technology. It feels like a slipper I’ve been wearing for years.
I would go as far as to say that this is the industry standard as far as how good a mass-produced shoe can be.
I do personally prefer the MIJ model. It just looks and feels slightly more premium.
Another solid boot from Mizuno. Cannot complain. Personally, I don't enjoy the tongue. It does not impact your ability or my comfort at all. Just a slight bulk, something that does take time to get used to.
Features of the Mizuno Rebula 2 V1 MIJ Firm Ground
- For the 2018 FIFA World Cup, Mizuno has released the second-generation Mizuno Rebula in the Red Passion Pack. Taking inspiration from the Japanese color and spirit, the Mizuno Rebula 2 V1 MIJ Firm Ground comes in the High Risk Red/White/Black as its launch colorway.
- Compared to Mizuno Rebula V1 MIJ, this football boot uses improved versions of the existing features of the first generation model. Also, it uses soft mesh in the rear to further keep the weight down.
- It features a buttery soft kangaroo leather upper that is signature to the Mizuno Rebula series. It provides unparalleled touch as well as a luxurious fit and feel. K-leather has always been a trusted material for football boots due to its elegant aesthetic and durability. This is also utilized in popular football boots such as the Adidas Mundial Goal and Nike Premier II Firm Ground.
- The Mizuno Rebula 2 V1 MIJ Firm Ground has an improved CT Frame. This technology is developed from memory foam for superior fit, comfort, and ball control. It is integrated into the leather upper providing extra ball control without the added weight.
- The Zero Glide sock liner found inside this football boot is highly effective in gripping the sock for an increased foothold while running at full speed.
- This football boot uses a Dual Density outsole with the D-Flex Groove for high-performance acceleration and traction on firm ground (FG) playing surfaces. The D-Flex Groove is composed of diagonal grooves under the midfoot for exceptional maneuverability.
- With the help of the revolutionary Stabilizer Studs, the Mizuno Rebula 2 V1 MIJ Firm Ground provides enhanced stability on the pitch. As for the fit and comfort, Mizuno placed suede lining in the rear.
Fit and sizing
The Mizuno Rebula 2 V1 MIJ Firm Ground has a tight fit out of the box. Fortunately, it comes with a premium kangaroo leather upper that stretches and molds to the natural curves of the foot over time. It is, therefore, recommended for most players except if they have excessively wide feet. It is available in sizes 6.5 to 13 for men only.
The Mizuno Rebula 2 V1 MIJ Firm Ground has a dual-density soleplate that is made from durable TPU (Thermoplastic Urethane) and nylon. It offers superb stability and flexibility on firm, natural grass playing surfaces.
There are diagonal grooves under the midfoot, called the D-Flex Groove, that are excellent in allowing the player to shift directions fast. It is especially helpful in making lateral movements.
A maximum level of traction on firm natural grass can be achieved with the help of the stud configuration. It promotes quick turns and accelerations necessary for the fast-moving game.
The Mizuno Rebula 2 V1 MIJ Firm Ground has a kangaroo leather upper that is not only soft and flexible but is very durable as well. This lightweight material allows the football boot to provide an unmatched level of comfort and ball touch. It molds to the natural shape of the foot offering a secure, snug fit.
It has an improved mesh tongue that helps in providing excellent lockdown. It is made of a compressing material that extends underneath the insole board. It acts like a seatbelt and provides a secure yet comfortable fit.
To keep the leather upper from overstretching, Mizuno has added a CT frame underneath the surface. This innovative technology acts as the shoe’s support frame and memory foam cushioning system. It allows a cleaner strike while also adding some surface texture for a more enhanced grip on the ball.
This football boot has an improved heel structure. Its rounded shape, as well as the synthetic suede lining, offers a comfortable fit in the heel area. The fully removable Zero Glide insole also aids in keeping the foot from moving unnecessarily while playing.
- The Mizuno Rebula 2 V1 MIJ Firm Ground weighs 224 grams.
- It took 24 hours to create the last of the Rebula 2 V1 MIJ FG.
- This football boot is also available in Artificial Grass variation.