Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
93 / 100 based on 4 expert reviews
It is a better quality shoe overall. You can feel the quality on your feet and that's what really what I was looking for this Made in Japan version.
It's so soft that I ge a nice touch on passing, receiving, dribbling and juggling.
Wrapped in a peacoat dressing gown of premium grade kangaroo leather, the Morelia II MIJ is built using the same processes as the football boots supplied to Mizuno's professional players.
The Morelia II Made In Japan is renowned for its creamy smooth leather and classic subtle design.
Features of the Mizuno Morelia II Made in Japan
- Mizuno has made slight but valuable changes with their release of the second version of Morelia. Their tradition of craftsmanship remained to be solid with the heritage look of the boot. Consequently, the overall quality of the boot has unwavering superior quality.
- Unlike other premium leather boots such as the Nike Premier II Firm Ground and the Adidas Mundial Goal, the Kangaroo leather upper of this football boots is of the premium kind as it is hand-made in Japan. The classic boot is intended for accurate ball control through its single-piece Kangaroo leather used on the entire upper. Mizuno guarantees their consumers unequaled softness to the boot, like a second skin. The material used is considered to be a modern upgrade from its first version and its Indonesian-made version, making it a Kangaroo leather of an even more excellent quality.
- The Mizuno Morelia II Made in Japan is one versatile boot as it is made to work for different types of surfaces such as artificial grass, firm ground and dry grass. The distinctive feature makes it a unique and valuable pick for professional players.
- For its insole, a dual-density Resin sock liner is engineered to provide stable support to the heels. It doubles as a flexible element for the balls of the feet. It is meant to offer total protection for the footbed and prevents the foot from sliding around.
- The football boot is built with a central lacing system with a tongue that can be flapped with a Velcro-like fastener.
- Ergonomically, the plastic outsoles are proven to offer proper grip for various kinds of surfaces. The stud configuration is intended to be more versatile. Its construction is designed to conform to the foot’s arch anatomically. On top of that, the outsole has been tagged as one of the lightest in the current market, that it can float on water.
Fit and sizing
The Mizuno Morelia II MADE IN JAPAN is available in standard sizes for men’s version only. It is recommended to go for true-to-size with the soccer boot. The supple Kangaroo leather construction provides a foot-hugging sensation on any foot width. The central lacing system and big flap tongue help in securing foot lockdown.
Designed with versatility, the plastic outsole is meant to stride in multiple types of surfaces. It is engineered to endure in artificial turf, firm ground, and dry grass. It is due to its stud configuration that is composed of 13 studs.
Seven studs are positioned in the forefoot area and the other four in the rear. The two studs are arranged in the middle. The basic stud disbursement makes it qualified for any surface. The multiple rivets are installed on the upper and rear side to ensure durability.
The overall stud pattern offers enhanced grip on various surfaces without compromising the sensation to the arch. It is made to provide arch support with its improved lightweight quality.
The outsole of the Mizuno Morelia II Made in Japan is considered to be one of the lightest ever made so far. It has been redesigned from its previous version to make it 90 grams lighter. It weighs 45 grams at a 27-inch boot. The boot is exceptionally lighter than most of the boots that it can float on water.
Mizuno takes pride in its exceptional Kangaroo leather construction in most of their boots. The second version of the Mizuno Morelia II Made in Japan is no exception. The boot’s entire upper is made of high-quality Kangaroo leather custom-made in Japan. The craftsmanship factor makes up for the boot’s high price.
The boot’s entire upper is wrapped with a one-piece Kangaroo leather. With this type of construction, the boot allows for a thinner, softer sensation. It relieves the foot from the bulky sensation that gets in the way when controlling the ball. The horizontal stitches in the forefoot area provide the glove fit to the boot without the feeling of overstretching.
The laces are positioned in the middle to offer a central lockdown sensation. Just like any other heritage boot, its vamp is installed with a big tongue flap to protect the top of the foot. The tongue is uniquely designed with the flap attached to its body through a nylon material. In this way, flapping is made more convenient just like folding paper. It can also be fastened through a Velcro tape to flap the tongue securely.
The Dual-Function Resin insole serves as the boot’s footbed protection and support. The foam is specifically designed to provide comfort to the arch and heels. The insole is made with a roughly textured mesh upper labeled with “Anatomical Fit”. It means that it is built to conform to the shape of the boot, allowing more flexibility and lockdown.
- Mizuno has released limited editions “Morpho Blue” and "Peacoat/White" color option for the football boot.
- The Mizuno Morelia II Made in Japan has a Made-in-Indonesia version.
- The boot has a Soft Ground version.
- The following are the colorway choices for the boot: Super White Pearl /Black/Red & White/Black/Red