- As part of a second generation collection, the Mizuno Basara 101 FG was launched with high expectations to be as equally outstanding as its predecessor. Basara in Japanese means stylish. Indeed, this soccer cleat is packed with innovations, keeping up-to-date with the latest soccer cleat technologies.
- A mainstay to the collection’s set of features, the Primeskin material brings a snug comfortable fit fresh out of the box. It brings a buttery soft sensation, especially around the forefoot area.
- On the midfoot, the rear and further up the ankle area of the shoe, a thin R-Fiber Control element has been utilized in the shoe’s construction. A personalized fit is accommodated through a dual-laced asymmetrical lacing system.
- The tongue area of this Mizuno model is quite unique as it directly connects to the upper material and is attached further into the internal, medial part of the shoe. This allows for a more secure fit to the cleat by wrapping the player’s foot. Due to the tongue’s thin makeup, the touch is enhanced as it allows for a clean contact on the ball.
- The soccer cleat’s outsole is infused with Mizuno’s D-Flex Groove technology which allows for maximum movement while the bladed studs aid in quick changes in direction on firm ground courts. The soleplate material is created with Pebax which is designed to be lightweight while creating traction in natural grass surfaces.
The Mizuno Basara 101 FG has a comfortable fit out of the box because of the adaptive Primeknit material. Although, it is important to note that the shoe has a narrow fit, so this model might not be ideal for broad footed players. The pair is available in men’s standard sizes. An asymmetrical lacing system with two-way lace holes is featured in this shoe to help customize the fit. The lacing type of this model is quite different from the traditional ones as seen in the Adidas Samba Classic or the Adidas Mundial Goal. The tongue also aids fit by hugging the foot, allowing for a more secure fit.
The outsole of the Mizuno Basara 101 FG is created with a Pebax material which is engineered to be lightweight and durable on the pitch, allowing for faster transitions, and speedy plays on firm ground courts.
There are a total of twelve bladed studs incorporated into the forefoot and heel areas to allow for aggressive traction on firm natural grass. The forefoot includes nine-bladed studs while four bladed studs are placed in the heel area.
D-flex groove technology has been used in the soleplate’s construction. This innovation features diagonal grooves in the midfoot area of the outsole. These textures allow the player’s foot to pivot without losing touch on the ground.
The upper’s construction is that of Primeskin. The forefoot area is created with this material which has been engineered by Mizuno to bring an excellent ball touch while maintaining a soft feel for the player. It is also found in this soccer cleat model’s predecessor, the Mizuno Basara 001 shoe.
The upper consists of an asymmetrical lacing system which allows for fit customization and wider, cleaner strike zone. The tongue’s design has quite a unique construction as it wraps around the player’s foot, creating a more secure fitting sensation.
Infused into the upper is the R-Fiber Control material which is engineered to reduce stretching while locking down the foot when players accelerate. It also serves as a cage system for the soccer cleat.
- The Mizuno Basara 101 FG soccer cleat is available in the Directoire Blue/White/Black colorway.
- The shoe weighs 7.3 ounces.
- A fully removable insole is included into the soccer cleat.