Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Features of the Mizuno Basara 101 Firm Ground
- As part of a second generation collection, the Mizuno Basara 101 FG was launched with high expectations to be as equally outstanding as its predecessor. Basara in Japanese means stylish. Indeed, this football boot is packed with innovations, keeping up-to-date with the latest football boot technologies.
- A mainstay to the collection’s set of features, the Primeskin material brings a snug comfortable fit fresh out of the box. It brings a buttery soft sensation, especially around the forefoot area.
- On the midfoot, the rear and further up the ankle area of the shoe, a thin R-Fiber Control element has been utilized in the shoe’s construction. A personalized fit is accommodated through a dual-laced asymmetrical lacing system.
- The tongue area of this Mizuno model is quite unique as it directly connects to the upper material and is attached further into the internal, medial part of the shoe. This allows for a more secure fit to the boot by wrapping the player’s foot. Due to the tongue’s thin makeup, the touch is enhanced as it allows for a clean contact on the ball.
- The football boot’s outsole is infused with Mizuno’s D-Flex Groove technology which allows for maximum movement while the bladed studs aid in quick changes in direction on firm ground courts. The soleplate material is created with Pebax which is designed to be lightweight while creating traction in natural grass surfaces.
Fit and sizing
The Mizuno Basara 101 FG has a comfortable fit out of the box because of the adaptive Primeknit material. Although, it is important to note that the shoe has a narrow fit, so this model might not be ideal for broad footed players. The pair is available in men’s standard sizes. An asymmetrical lacing system with two-way lace holes is featured in this shoe to help customize the fit. The lacing type of this model is quite different from the traditional ones as seen in the Adidas Samba Classic or the Adidas Mundial Goal. The tongue also aids fit by hugging the foot, allowing for a more secure fit.
The outsole of the Mizuno Basara 101 FG is created with a Pebax material which is engineered to be lightweight and durable on the pitch, allowing for faster transitions, and speedy plays on firm ground courts.
There are a total of twelve bladed studs incorporated into the forefoot and heel areas to allow for aggressive traction on firm natural grass. The forefoot includes nine-bladed studs while four bladed studs are placed in the heel area.
D-flex groove technology has been used in the soleplate’s construction. This innovation features diagonal grooves in the midfoot area of the outsole. These textures allow the player’s foot to pivot without losing touch on the ground.
The upper’s construction is that of Primeskin. The forefoot area is created with this material which has been engineered by Mizuno to bring an excellent ball touch while maintaining a soft feel for the player. It is also found in this football boot model’s predecessor, the Mizuno Basara 001 shoe.
The upper consists of an asymmetrical lacing system which allows for fit customization and wider, cleaner strike zone. The tongue’s design has quite a unique construction as it wraps around the player’s foot, creating a more secure fitting sensation.
Infused into the upper is the R-Fiber Control material which is engineered to reduce stretching while locking down the foot when players accelerate. It also serves as a cage system for the football boot.
- The Mizuno Basara 101 FG football boot is available in the Directoire Blue/White/Black colorway.
- The shoe weighs 7.3 ounces.
- A fully removable insole is included into the football boot.