Who should buy the Millet Bouthan GTX
The Millet Bouthan GTX is a rugged all-terrain leather boot for hiking and trekking. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that offers protection against water.
- Prefer a hiking boot that is suitable for wet or dry surfaces.
- Prefer a hiking boot that can allow hikers to enjoy a smooth and comfortable stride.
Millet Bouthan GTX notable features
- This highly protective boot is equipped with the Goretex waterproof membrane that seals out rain, slush, or water.
- The Vibram semi-rigid sole comes with aggressive lugs and an integral polyurethane shock absorber for a smooth and comfortable stride.
- This alpine trekking boot also features a rugged Nubuck leather upper with a stone guard and full rubber rand.
Size and fit
The Millet Bouthan GTX is a mid-top model with the tongue extending up and above the collar. It has a wrap-around lacing system that stretches to the toes for a secure and snug fit. This type of closure, also known as the "lace-to-toe" system, lets the wearer adjust the tightness in the midfoot separately from the ankle for a personalized fit.
Furthermore, this boot features a roomy toebox, a semirigid flex structure, and a leather upper that conforms to the wearer's feet, becoming their "second skin" once completely broken in.
Renders enhanced traction made possible by its Vibram outsole
Designed for alpine trekking, the Bouthan features a Vibram outsole with multidirectional lugs for enhanced traction on varying terrain. This model suits wet and dry surfaces, including loose dirt, packed soil, and mud.
Its outsole is extra stiff which is needed to keep the boot stable on uneven ground and rocky edges. It's also very durable and resistant to abrasion, tear, and wear.
Incredibly lightweight and comfortable
The Bouthan GTX trekking boots have midsoles made of dual-density EVA. This durable material is incredibly lightweight and absorbs impact well. The EVA midsole ensures that the foot feels comfortable and supported in every step.
Meant to endure tough trail conditions, this hiker features a thick Nubuck leather (2.6 mm) upper that is tough at first but gets really supple over time. Its collar is also made of Nubuck leather. It has enough padding to it for more comfort and protection.
Provides toe and water protection
There's a rubber cap protecting the toes, along with rubber rand for added durability. Lining the shoe interior is the Goretex® bootie Skintec leather that seals out water.
Nice to know
- Millet is the only brand that uses perforated leather with a Goretex membrane to optimize the breathability of the shoe. Thus, even though Goretex hikers tend to get a little too warm during the summer season, the Bouthan boots help keep the feet cool and fresh.