Who should buy the Merrell Waterpro Maipo 2
The Waterpro Maipo 2 earns the approval of those who love the outdoors, thanks to its satisfying performance on and off the trails. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking shoe that is designed with a contoured and slightly padded collar for comfort and flexibility.
- Prefer a hiking shoe that has lightweight cushioning and promoted smooth transition.
Excellent grip on most types of terrain
Rendering hikers a grippy and secure ride is a Vibram TC5+ outsole. Its lugs are 3.5 mm deep which provides adherence to most types of terrain. Its non-marking siped design enables it to bite into the ground, whether wet or dry.
The placement and design of its lugs promote automatic drainage of water to prevent slipping. The sole is slightly extended upwards at the toe to enhance protection against rocky terrain.
Featuring a compression-molded ethylene-vinyl acetate or EVA midsole, the Merrell Waterproof Maipo 2 water shoe grants cushioning to users. This lightweight material renders comfort without adding bulk to the hiker’s foot.
Excellent arch support
The EVA midsole of the lightweight hiker is paired with the brand’s very own Kinetic Fit Base insole. This removable footbed provides arch support. Its top layer has perforations for enhanced performance in water activities.
Breathable and offer toe protection
The Waterpro Maipo 2 from Merrell is a breathable summer hiking shoe that uses a water-friendly synthetic and meshes upper. It has a toe guard which protects users against bumps and accidental knocks.
Secure fit and easy to wear
Its lacing system features an integrated webbing that enables hikers to manage fit. Its lace cord passes through a series of loops that are directly attached to the shoe’s upper, also providing structure. A heel tab assists in on and off.
Care and maintenance of Merrell Waterpro Maipo 2
It is recommended to clean the Merrell Waterpro Maipo 2 after every hike to extend its usable life. The below tips might be helpful:
- Remove surface and stuck dirt using a soft, bristled brush.
- Wash the shoes using mild soap and warm water. When rinsing, make sure that there are no remaining soap suds as residue may harm the shoe’s integrity.
- Dry the water hiking shoes naturally. Do not put them under direct heat to facilitate drying.