Merrell Vapor Glove 5: barely-there protection
Following the barefoot footsteps of Merrel Vapor Glove series, it is a minimalist shoe for experiencing the most natural foot movement and connection with the ground. Only 6.5 mm of rubber and foam keep your foot apart from the surface underfoot.
Its zero-drop construction also places your heel and forefoot on the same line, mimicking being barefoot.
Who is it for?
- runners with strong feet and ankles
- forefoot strikers
- people who want to develop a more natural foot mechanics when walking and running
- short- and mid-distance runs
- roads and moderate, hard-packed trails
For a more trail-ready option, consider Merrell Trail Glove collection. These shoes have more substantial underfoot protection.
What's to like about Vapor Glove 5
- Sock-like upper: barely noticeable
- Easy to put on/take-off: thanks to the stretchy collar and laces
- Durable Vibram outsole
- Use of recycled materials: in the laces, insole top sheet, mesh lining, outsole rubber - 30%