Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
The Merrell Rant has an air cushioning in the heel responsible for shock absorption. It has the traditional lace up closure to give the wearers a more secure and well-adjusted fit. The little pull loop found on the heel helps the wearer in putting on and off this shoe with ease.
It also has a slightly padded collar for comfort and support. The footbed is removable so wearers are welcome to place their own orthotics. The Merrell Rant is available in medium width for both men and women.
The low-top Merrell Rant has a plush looking upper. It is made with canvas and full grain leather with twill lining for a wonderful and comfortable shoe feel. The molded arch shank present adds charm to the entire look as well as enhances the foot comfort.
The Merrell Rant was built with superior style and technical dominance to create a shoe suitable for everyday use. The majority of users pair this sneaker with the jeans or short with their tees and polos while some ladies sport this with their dresses. It is hard to rant about the style when it comes to the Merrell Rant.
Randy Merell was a well-known maker of handcrafted cowboy cleats. In 1981, he partnered with Rossignol Ski Company executives Clark Matis and John Schweizer and formed the Merrell company. Their partnership resulted in a superb combination - the craftsmanship of Merell and the marketing savviness and connections of Matis and Schweizer.
Their first product was offered in 1983. Since then, the company has not stopped producing a wide array of footwear products. In 2007, Merell expanded and began offering apparel and accessories and the annual sales have reached the $500 million mark. Lately, the company is aiming to improve its sales by another 15% by reaching more company stores and improving its e-commerce.
Merell has stayed true to its core value through the years. They specifically encourage their patrons to appreciate outdoors using Merell shoes that are made to last. They make sure their footwear are affordable and are made with the utmost Comfort, Durability, Design, and Versatility.
From the trails, Merrell is now producing casual footwear for urban stunts. One of their offerings is the Merrell Rant. This shoe offers stylish comfort that is suitable for city cruising. This laidback shoe has been infused with various Merrell technologies to enhance the durability and comfort this shoe delivers to its wearers.
- The Merrell Rant weighs 425 grams.
- The M Select GRIP on the rubber outsole provides slip-resistant stability on wet and dry surfaces.
- The strobe construction provides flexibility to the shoes that works well with the movement of the foot.
- The twill inner lining is treated with the Aegis Antimicrobial Solution to help diminish the formation of odor and to maintain the freshness.
- The molded Nylon Arch Shank aids in controlling the flex, thus maximizes the support and stability on various terrains.
- The EVA molded footbed provides support and superb cushioning.
- The Merrell Rant has been integrated with Merrell Air Cushion that effectively absorbs shock and enhances the stability.
- The Merrell Rant sole is crafted from sticky rubber which provides impressive grip over the uneven terrains.