Who should buy Merrell Moab 2 Mid GTX
The Merrell day hiking boot is a mid-range option for users who want a combo of durability and lightness from the upper. Highly recommended for:
- Wearers who expect to encounter wet ground
- Hikers who prioritize lightweight footwear
- Normal and wide-footed individuals
- If ankle support is preferred.
Updates to the Merrell Moab 2 Mid GTX
- Merrell has updated the Moab 2 with features promoting comfort, breathability and durability. It now comes with an M.Select FIT.ECO plus blended EVA as its footbed. A molded nylon shank and EVA midsole grant support and flexibility.
- The Merrell Moab 2 Mid GTX has a Vibram TC5+ outsole. It grants traction on different ground conditions.
- The upper is crafted with synthetic leather and mesh panels. Its linings, a Gore-Tex laminate and a breathable mesh, work together to promote airflow in and out of the boots. A closed-cell, foam-cushioned tongue creates a comfy environment.
The Merrell Moab 2 Mid GTX's Vibram outsole
The Vibram TC5+ outsole powers the Moab 2 Mid GTX. Its multi-directional lugs have a depth of 5 mm for optimal grip even on the most uneven terrain. The lug spacing prevents mud and water from getting stuck underfoot.
Cushioning with shock absorbency
The midsole of this day hiking boot is made of EVA which is soft and flexible. It is incorporated with a molded nylon shank and an Air Cushion in the heel for stability and shock absorption. The zonal arch and heel support comes from the Merrell M.Select FIT.ECO and a blended EVA footbed.
Eco-friendly upper materials
This mid-cut day hiking boot from Merrell uses synthetic leather and mesh for its upper. It is lined with the Gore-Tex Extended Comfort laminate which renders comfort through its non-insulated construction. This membrane works with a breathable mesh lining to promote ventilation.
Its bellows tongue with a closed-cell foam material helps keep debris and moisture out.
A rubber toe cap is added for abrasion resistance and toe protection. A heel pull tab assists in easy on and off.
Merrell Moab 2 Mid GTX Alternatives