Who should buy the Merrell Kahuna III
The Merrell Kahuna III has impressed so many hikers out there looking for lightweight sandals they can use for hiking in warm climates. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking sandal that offers enhanced traction on wet and dry surfaces.
- Prefer a hiking sandal that promotes shock absorption and stability.
- Prefer a hiking sandal that renders a snug fit.
Updates to :name
- The new and improved Merrell Kahuna III is even more comfortable. Thanks to the suede upper with a neoprene-like lining that is foot-conforming, soft, and durable.
- A sandal built for hiking, it comes with a grippy Vibram outsole for enhanced traction on wet and dry surfaces, and the Merrell air cushion in the heel that promotes shock absorption and stability. Furthermore, the hook and loop closure is so convenient to use and promotes a snug fit.
Size and fit
The Kahuna III is an open-toed hiking sandal available in medium widths. While the toe is open, it has a contoured footbed that is slightly tipped up, giving a small amount of coverage for the toes. There's a suede strap hugging the heel for support and protection, a hook and loop closure with a Velcro strap at the ankle, and a small plastic buckle at the forefoot for a secure fit.
Durable and long-lasting Vibram outsole
Like many other Merrell hiking shoes, the Kahuna III is powered by a Vibram outsole. This particular model has the Chameleon Sport Sandal Sole/TC5+ Rubber sole that features oval-shaped lugs in different sizes. It's made of high-quality rubber compounds so you can expect that the sole is durable and long-wearing
Performs well on hard and slick surfaces, such as rocks
The Kahuna III sandals are designed for water hiking so it has shallow lugs that perform well on hard and slick surfaces, such as rocks.
The Kahuna III features air cushioning in the midsole that promotes comfort and helps absorb shock or impact. This is a very helpful feature because hiking can put so much strain on your feet. The footbed is also contoured to the shape of the foot so it feels very comfortable.
Prevents smelly and sweaty feet
This hiking sandal from Merrell features an upper made of suede. What makes it more interesting is the Lycra neoprene lining attached to the upper for a cozy feel. This lining is treated with Aegis antimicrobial solution to prevent smelly and sweaty feet.
Provides stability when walking
Another unique feature of the Kahuna III is the external TPU heel stability arm that encourages stability when walking. Securing the foot is the hook and loop closure system that makes adjusting the fit easy.
Nice to know
- Merrell offers a wide selection of hiking sandals. Apart from the open-toed models, they also have close-toe sandals that provide extra coverage and support, such as the Merrell Choprock.