Who should buy the Merrell Forestbound Waterproof
Embrace the backcountry and outsmart its cunningness in the Merrell Forestbound Waterproof. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking shoe that gives comfort and performance for single-day trips.
- Prefer a hiking shoe that provides protection from the elements.
- Prefer a hiking shoe that delivers surefootedness on challenging terrain.
Updates to Merrell Forestbound Waterproof
- The Forestbound is an outdoor shoe crafted by Merrell with various technologies to give comfort and performance for single-day trips. Its mesh and polyurethane (PU)-coated leather upper contains an M Select Dry laminate to provide protection from the elements.
- This Merrell offering uses a midsole made of ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) foam to give lightweight cushioning. It features a patented M Select Grip rubber outsole to deliver surefootedness on challenging terrain.
Size and fit
The Merrell Forestbound Waterproof is a low-top hiking shoe designed for male and female adventurers. It comes with a traditional lacing system, which enables wearers to customize its fit. The upper is lined with a layer of mesh material to create a comfortable fit around the user’s foot.
Produce grip on wet and dry surfaces
This waterproof shoe for hikers comes with a proprietary M Select Grip outsole for ground adherence. It employs a diamond-shaped 5mm-deep lug pattern along its profile to produce grip on wet and dry surfaces.
The sole’s forefoot zone houses several grooves, granting added control when going uphill. The rearfoot region works in tandem with a heel brake for extra stopping power when tackling downhill conditions. Its front tip acts as a protective bumper against various trail dangers.
This Merrell outdoor shoe for hikers uses a midsole made of lightweight EVA foam. This material is known to give a cushioned ride and rebound while limiting shock from uneven trails.
Excellent arch support
A molded nylon shank is integrated into the midsole to deliver added rigidity and underfoot support. Moreover, it has a Kinetic Fit Base removable insole that grants arch support and added cushioning.
Waterproof yet breathable
The men’s and women’s Merrell Forestbound Waterproof is equipped with a PU-coated upper and mesh fabric. These materials imbue the shoe with resistance to abrasive elements while reducing its overall weight. It is lined with the brand’s trademarked M Select Dry membrane to prevent water intrusions while maintaining breathability.
Provides trail protection and extra durability
The shoe’s front end sports a die-cut rubber rand and toe cap, which gives trail protection and extra durability. Its lacing system employs a series of fabric loops for fit management.
Easy to wear
A pair of pull tabs are found on the collar and the tongue. These components assist the wearer in achieving an easy on and off.
Nice to know
- Those who need ankle support may consider the Merrell Forestbound Mid WP, the boot version of the Forestbound Waterproof.
- Outdoor lovers who value protection and durability for long trips may want to check the Salomon Quest Prime GTX out.