Who should buy the Merrell Chameleon 8 Stretch Waterproof
The Merrell Chameleon 8 Stretch Waterproof may provide satisfaction, thanks to its list of trail-centric characteristics. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking shoe that is made for day hikers who require performance and protection.
- Prefer a hiking shoe that delivers protection from wet encounters.
- Prefer a hiking shoe that tackles virtually any type of terrain with ample traction.
Updates to Merrell Chameleon 8 Stretch Waterproof
- The Chameleon 8 Stretch Waterproof is a low-top outdoor shoe from the Merrell Chameleon collection that is made for day hikers who require performance and protection. Its nubuck leather and mesh upper are lined with a patented M Select Dry Barrier membrane to deliver protection from wet encounters.
- This Merrell footgear uses both an ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) midsole and a proprietary Air Cushion technology for support. Its Vibram XS Trek Evo helps outdoor enthusiasts tackle virtually any type of terrain with ample traction.
Size and fit
The Merrell Chameleon 8 Stretch Waterproof is a low-top hiking shoe engineered for male and female adventurers. It uses an elastic cord and lace locking system to render a quick and secure lockdown. This component works with the footgear’s padded tongue and collar to deliver a comfy fit.
Renders grip on wet and dry terrain
This Merrell outdoor shoe for hikers comes with Vibram XS Trek Evo for ground adherence. It employs an aggressive pattern of 5mm-deep lugs to render grip on wet and dry terrain.
Delivers control when tackling uphill and downhill
Both its rearfoot and forefoot zones have small ridges to deliver control when going uphill or downhill. Moreover, the sole’s front end covers a small portion of the toe box for extra protection from trail dangers.
The men’s and women’s Merrell Chameleon 8 Stretch Waterproof comes with a lightweight EVA midsole. It works in tandem with a trademarked Air Cushion feature in the heel area to give wearers shock reduction and a cushioned ride.
Excellent arch support
Merrell placed a Kinetic Fit Base removable footbed on top of the shoe’s midsole. This component grants arch support and extra comfort underfoot.
Breathable and waterproof
The Merrell Chameleon 8 Stretch Waterproof features an upper consisting of nubuck leather and mesh panels. These materials imbue the footgear with sturdiness, lightness, and breathability. A patented M Select Dry Barrier is embedded into the upper to prevent water intrusions while allowing excess moisture to pass through.
Provides heel security and support
A molded thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) counter is found in the rearfoot region. It delivers heel security and support. A bellows tongue is incorporated into the upper to prevent debris from entering.
Easy to wear
The Chameleon 8 Stretch Waterproof’s closure system uses a series of eyelets and a lace locker to help wearers manage its fit. Its collar houses a pull loop at the back to grant users an easy on and off.
Nice to know
- Those who prefer a pair that offers ankle coverage, support, and improved performance for multi-day excursions may consider the Lowa Camino GTX.