The traditional lace-up closure of the Merrell Around Town Lace Air provides the wearer an adjustable fit that is comfortable enough for the foot. The shoe being exclusively for women is only offered in women’s sizing which ranges from size 5 to size 11.5. Half sizes are available. It is also offered in medium widths. The shoe also fairly runs true to size.
The Merrell Around Town Lace Air is a low top shoe that flashes a sleek design. This women’s shoe represents versatility as its minimalistic look can certainly go well with a variety of appropriate outfit choices. Giving the wearer a simple yet chic look by pairing the kicks with a pair of skinny jeans or leggings and everything is good to go.
A really comfortable feeling for the foot that can be felt when wearing the Merrell Around Town Lace Air is what most of the people are gushing about the shoe. They are highly-appreciative and satisfied about how they can go on long walks and won’t feel any pain on their foot after. The minimal design of the shoe is also a catch for most.
In 1981, Randy Merrell – as what his customers have said at that time – made the best cleats ever. According to the Backpacker Magazine, it was the most comfortable and most functioning cleats in North America. By 1983, the women’s last was introduced with the brand telling that they wanted to design a shoe that would provide women the comfort and performance that they need.
Throughout its history, Merrell had successfully created and released high-performance shoes for both men and women. Along with these releases is the Merrell Around Town Lace Air which is exclusive for women. Like its origins, the Merrell Around Town Lace, the shoe features an unlined full grain nubuck leather upper with some perforated detailing on the forefoot as an addition. Four colorways were released in Tan, Vertiver, Navy, and Blue.
- The shoe weighs approximately 11oz.
- A heel pull tab can be observed on the shoe.
- A Cork-covered M Select MOVE footbed that features an antimicrobial M Select FRESH technology is provided for the shoe.
- The M Select GRIP outsole of the shoe provides durable traction and grip.
- A molded nylon arch shank can be observed.
- The brand added the Merrell air cushioning in the heel that gives off additional stability and great shock absorption.
- The shoe can be purchased at a discounted price.