Who should buy the Meindl Nebraska Mid GTX
As a mid-cut day hiking boot, the Nebraska Mid GTX from Meindl was able to perform accordingly. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that provides breathability and water protection.
- Prefer a hiking boot that renders surface traction.
- Prefer a hiking boot that delivers a smoother and more efficient stride.
Updates to :name
- An over-the-ankle hiking boot from Meindl, the Nebraska Mid GTX features a full-grain leather upper. Together with a Gore-Tex laminate, it yields breathability and waterproof protection.
- The sole unit, the Magic Light Trail, includes a rubber outsole from Meindl which renders surface traction. An EVA midsole cushions each ride while the Air-Active footbed adds support. The rockered form of this component delivers a smoother and more efficient stride.
Size and fit
Catering to male and female day hikers, the Meindl Nebraska Mid GTX fairly runs true to size. It is offered in whole and half sizes. It comes in standard width. The lace-up closure plus the round laces used in this boot help achieve a snug fit.
The profile of the Magic Light Trail sole (No. 69) promotes the natural rolling motion of the foot. The square lugs are able to bite on a variety of terrain. Its tread pattern is also self-cleaning to maintain the grip even on boggy grounds.
The Nebraska Mid GTX has an EVA wedge underfoot. It provides cushioning without the added weight.
Comfortable cushioning and fresh-in shoe environment
This foam also absorbs negative impacts from the ground, enhancing walking comfort. The Air-Active footbed, through its drysole fleece cover, helps keep the freshness inside the boot.
Waterproof and durable
This mid-cut day hiking boot is primarily made of nubuck leather. It has suede reinforcements that go along the sides of the boot for added durability. The user’s foot is protected when crossing streams and wetlands through its Gore-Tex lining.
Easy to wear
It has a pull loop at the heel to assist in donning and doffing. Its lacing system is composed of webbing eyelets and two pairs of metal hooks which help lock the foot securely. It comes with a cushioned collar for plush comfort.