Who should buy the Meindl Bhutan MFS
The Meindl Bhutan MFS is a robust high-cut backpacking boot for men and women. You won't regret getting them if you want:
- a quality waterproof walking boot designed for challenging hikes and low-level treks
- top quality leather footwear offering sufficient moisture protection
- comfortable boots delivering extra soft cushioning around the ankle
Updates to Meindl Bhutan MFS
- Lighter than its predecessor - the Burma Pro - shedding off the weight of nearly 100 g
- This iteration comes with a softer ankle collar
- Update to the gear’s lacing system - it now has only 3 pairs of open hooks as opposed to the previous model’s 4
Reliable grippy outsole
Meindl’s Bhutan MFS offers backpackers the right amount of traction with its Vibram Multigriff outsole. Its heavy-duty surface is laden with aggressive lugs, with the central ones made circular for hydroplaning prevention.
Meindl's unrivaled support and comfort
Delivering adequate comfort and stability on rough terrain is the boot’s chunky midsole. It comes with a wedge unit made of polyurethane (PU) for added cushioning.
Further bolstering the footwear’s underfoot comfort is the Meindl-exclusive Air-Active footbed. It is engineered with Soft Print foam—a cushioning technology that allows the footbed to adjust to the contours of the wearer’s foot.
Meindl’s Bhutan MFS has a waxed nubuck leather upper. Its waterproofing is found in its Gore-Tex liner. Its ankle collar is engineered with the Memory Foam System for extra cushioning. Around the base of the boot is a full-on rubber rand that prevents the upper from sustaining scuffs and abrasions.
The Digafix closure system completes the boot’s upper. It consists of laces made of synthetic and combination eyelets made of metal.