Who should buy the Mammut Saentis Low GTX
If you are looking for a hiking shoe that's perfect for warm and wet days, you might consider the Mammut Saentis Low GTX. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking shoe that provides sufficient performance and protection for fast-paced adventures.
- Prefer a hiking shoe that offers protection from wet conditions.
- Prefer a hiking shoe that delivers surefootedness on most types of terrain.
Updates to Mammut Saentis Low GTX
- The Saentis Low GTX is a hiking shoe crafted by Mammut to give outdoor enthusiasts sufficient performance and protection for fast-paced adventures. It features a vent mesh upper lined with a Gore-Tex Performance Comfort laminate to offer protection from wet conditions.
- This Mammut shoe for hikers is built using a Cushioning Strobel construction method and contains an ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) midsole to give stability and support. Its Michelin Trail Cleat rubber outsole, meanwhile, delivers surefootedness on most types of terrain using a multi-directional lug pattern.
Size and fit
The low-top Mammut Saentis Low GTX is a waterproof shoe for male and female hikers. It uses a conventional lacing system, which allows wearers to have a customized lockdown. Moreover, this hiker sports an elastic Gore-Tex tongue, which adapts to the user’s foot and provides a secure fit.
The Mammut Saentis Low GTX hiking shoe comes with a Michelin Trail Cleat outsole. It is made of a durable rubber compound, making it resistant to harsh surfaces and abrasion.
Produce grip on both wet and dry surfaces
Its profile is filled with triangular lugs to produce grip on both wet and dry terrain. The sole’s front end covers a portion of the forefoot region to deliver protection from accidental bumps.
This budget-friendly outdoor shoe for hikers uses a midsole made of EVA foam. This lightweight material is known to yield a cushioned ride while absorbing shock from rough terrain.
Comfortable and stable cushioning
It is paired with a footbed, which grants added cushioning, stability, and underfoot comfort.
Waterproof and breathable
The Mammut Saentis Low GTX features an upper made of Vent mesh fabric. It contains a Gore-Tex Performance Comfort laminate underneath to give both waterproofness and breathability. The upper is encased in a Hybrid Shell, a combination of flexible inner and robust tough outer materials. This component optimizes comfort while rendering added support.
This Mammut offering’s toe box is reinforced with a cap made of thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU), granting durability and trail protection. Its lacing system consists of a series of eyelets to promote fit management.
Easy to wear
An elastic Gore-Tex tongue is integrated into the upper to keep debris and water out. The collar contains a pull tab at the back for easy on and off.
Nice to know
- Buyers who require ankle support and water protection may explore the benefits offered by the Merrell Moab 2 Mid GTX.
- Those who value breathability may consider the Mammut Saentis Low.