Who should buy the Mammut Mercury Tour II High GTX
Where the terrain turns for the unruly and your rucksack is not getting any lighter, the Mercury Tour II High GTX has your back. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that is crafted for backpackers who require a durable and protective pair for multi-day excursions.
- Prefer a hiking boot that protects the user’s foot from harsh conditions and the elements.
- Prefer a hiking boot that allows the users to traverse uneven trails with ample cushioning and stability.
Updates to Mammut Mercury Tour II High GTX
- The Mercury Tour II High GTX is a Mammut high-cut boot crafted for backpackers who require a durable and protective pair for multi-day excursions. Its Terracare nubuck leather is paired with a Gore-Tex Performance Comfort laminate to protect the user’s foot from harsh conditions and the elements.
- Outdoor enthusiasts are able to traverse uneven trails with ample cushioning and stability, thanks to the footgear’s ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) midsole. Its Vibram 4 Trek is engineered to deliver surefootedness in most types of terrain.
Size and fit
The Mammut Mercury Tour II High GTX is a high-top backpacking boot built for men. It uses a 2 Zone lacing system, which can be customized to give a secure lockdown across the length of the foot. It is lined with a layer of 3D Memo Foam, which adapts to the wearer’s foot to grant a comfortable in-shoe environment.
Excellent grip on wet and dry surfaces
The Mammut Mercury Tour II High GTX trekking boot comes with a Vibram 4 Trek outsole to help wearers traverse challenging trails. Its central surface is filled with pentagon-shaped lugs, while rectangular tread patterns adorn the sole’s lateral zone. They work in tandem to produce grip on both wet and dry terrain.
Excellent stopping power
The rearfoot and forefoot regions contain a grooved design to render added control for uphill and downhill conditions. A heel brake is embedded into its construction for extra stopping power. Moreover, the outsole’s front tip extends upward to shield the user’s toes from stubbing.
This Mammut waterproof boot for outdoor excursions uses a midsole made of EVA foam. This material is known to deliver a cushioned ride, reduce shock, and give rebound while being lightweight.
A footbed sits on top of the midsole to give added cushioning and underfoot comfort.
The Mammut Mercury Tour II High GTX backpacking boot features an upper made of Terracare nubuck leather. This material is designed to be eco-sustainable while granting resistance to abrasive elements.
Waterproof and breathable
A Gore-Tex Performance Comfort membrane is embedded into the upper to give both waterproofness and breathability. A rubber rand reinforces the boot’s forefoot section for durability and trail protection.
Secure fit and breathable
This Mammut offering uses a series of metal hooks and D-rings for fit management. Its lacing system is connected to a molded counter at the rearfoot section, granting heel support and security. The upper’s ankle area contains several perforations to optimize air ventilation.
The collar houses a pull loop, which delivers easy on and off.
Nice to know
- Buyers who value lightness and agility for a single-day trip may want to consider a pair of hiking shoes. One example that may be explored is the Salomon X Ultra 3.