Lowa Expedition 8000 Evo Rd
Best price from 50 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
33% say it's too small, 67% say it's true to size.
Overview of this review
Updates to Lowa Expedition 8000 Evo Rd
- Crafted for alpine journeys and the highest mountain peaks, the Lowa Expedition 8000 Evo Rd has a fully integrated gaiter. It is made of an abrasion-resistant fabric with zip-up closure. The inner boot features Gore-Tex Duratherm and Primaloft lining. The materials used optimizes insulation, waterproofing, and breathability.
- This mountaineering boot employs a dual-density EVA midsole with a proprietary joint called Hard Winter Shank for stability. This combination, plus an Insulated Pro footbed, keeps the foot warm and comfy.
- Equipped with a Vibram Dolent outsole, it provides grip on most terrain types. Its board lasted construction allows it to be resoled (meaning, the sole can be repaired through replacement) as necessary, for a cost.
Size and fit
The Lowa Expedition 8000 Evo Rd is a unisex mountaineering gear which reasonably runs true to size. It comes in standard width and whole sizes. Women who will order this boot must go a half size down to get the right fit. The traditional lace-up closure used in its inner boot permits fit customization.
This high-cut mountaineering boot features Vibram Dolent. This outsole has a profile that includes aggressive and widely-spaced lugs. This self-cleaning layout grants traction on virtually all types of terrain. The toe and heel areas are designed with a more substantial surface contact to assist on steep uphill and downhill slopes.
This mountaineering boot uses a crampon-ready dual-density EVA midsole for a lightweight and cushioned ride. There are welts on the heel and toe. A full-length Hard Winter Shank is added underfoot to provide stability on bumpy terrain. It is also able to retain heat even at low temperatures. An Insulate Pro footbed that’s Alu-coated and comes with fleece promotes comfort.
The Expedition 8000 Evo Rd has an outer boot made of an abrasion-resistant fabric. Its integrated gaiter with ceramic coating uses a waterproof TIZIP zipper closure. Its removable inner boot features an Alu-coated PE foam and Aveolite. It is lined with Gore-Tex Duratherm and 400 g Primaloft. These materials promote an insulated, waterproof, and comfortable environment.
At the top is an elastic band to help keep the gaiter in place and prevent intrusion of trail debris. A reinforced pull tab is attached, permiting easy on and off. Seen at the base is a high wall rubber rand that protects the user from unwanted knocks. As for the inner boot, it has a lacing system that includes a traditional lace up and a hook and loop closure.
- Lowa developed the Expedition 8000 Evo Rd in collaboration with Ralf Dujmovits, an expert mountaineer. He was the first German who summited all 14 eight-thousanders.
- This boot is compatible with automatic crampons.