With a slightly oversized tongue to accommodate the Red Tab leather detail, the Levi’s x Air Jordan 4 Blue Denim has matching denim flat shoelaces that crisscross from the forefoot all the way to the top. The unique lacing of this low-top kick is secured by perforated denim eyelets for added styling and lockdown. The shoe is available in most men’s sizes, but women may opt for a size down to get their equivalent fit.
Launched with an accompanying denim jacket, the Levi’s x Air Jordan 4 Blue Denim is one hell of a looker. Sneakerheads kept their eyes glued on this collaboration that it is unreasonable for any Jumpman logo fan to ignore the heavy details and accents placed in the design. The full denim upper in itself is worth a few scuffs and stress that adds more personality to every pair. While some other sneaker fans were charmed by the Canadian tuxedo look of Oklahoma Thunder’s Carmelo Anthony when he went full denim from head to toe, some other stylists frown upon the entire garb as it removed the limelight away from the Air Jordan IV and Levi’s stunner.
Fashion stylists agree that wearing a full denim sneaker much more with a stylish Air Jordan 4 silhouette is already a fashion statement in itself for most men. Pairing them with a denim jacket would look amazing with chinos and a ball cap. For women, a bleached and tattered skimpy shorts and a tank top would look great with the denim sneakers. Going extreme in customizing the Levi’s x Air Jordan 4 Blue Denim has also been the norm with many buyers bleaching, staining, spray-painting, tearing, and sanding the denim material for a more personalized model.
It is hard to precisely pinpoint the main feature of the Levi’s x Air Jordan 4 Blue Denim because it is decked with dressier details as one could imagine. With the full Levi’s denim covering the upper all the way to the midsole, it just promises swag like no other. Also retained in this collaboration is the signature Air-Sole unit with hints of red at the interior for a comfortable and cushioned feel while strutting the streets in this beautiful iteration.
Veteran shoe designer Tinker Hatfield created the Air Jordan IV silhouette that was released in 1989. The design involves a full-length midsole with visible forefoot support or straps. The shoe was worn by Michael Jordan at the finals of the Chicago Bulls versus the Cleveland Cavaliers in the 1989 NBA playoffs. While making a game-winning shot, Jordan leaped in his usual Jumpman fashion with the Air Jordan IV Black Cement pinning down his landing with ample cushioning. Hatfield also created the design for the AJ IV extra light and breathable compared to its predecessors.
The Air Jordan IV has had several iterations in the past years that include the first colorways patterned after the Chicago Bulls the White/Cement and Fire Red, and a Black/Red and a White/Blue version. The design also made several popular variants that included a collaboration with Undefeated, the Air Jordan 4 Retro in 1999, an Air Jordan 4 Laser package, and Air Jordan IV Rare Air model.
Collaborating with the world’s leading denim brand Levi’s, the Jordan brand made the perfect sneaker to match the traditional trucker jacket of the brand. While the brand had collaborations in the past with some Air Jordan 1 iterations decked in Levi’s denim, the Air Jordan 4 collaboration is the hottest to date. The Levi’s Air Jordan 4 was released on January 17, 2018. Black denim and white denim version were also released on January 30, 2018.
- Black Denim and White Denim versions of the Levi’s x Air Jordan 4 were released in June 2018.
- Red tab collaborative logo on the tongue has a Jumpman and Levi’s labels with the left tongue having a slightly larger tab as it contains details of the shoe size and Air Jordan 4 information.
- The Levi’s x Air Jordan 4 collaboration is sold in specially designed satin red box packaging decked with metallic gold Jumpman and Levi’s logos.
- Gum rubber soles with traction patterns are placed in areas where there is high abrasion for added protection as it contrasts the white soled with red hits at the bottom.
- Jumpman and Levi’s logos at the bottom, tongue, insole, and an embossed Jumpman logo at the back heel provide extra branding detail feast for the eyes.
- Air-Sole unit at the heel has red hits at the interior that matches the red accent at the bottom outsole.
- Celebrities seen wearing the Levi’s x Air Jordan 4 Blue Denim include Oklahoma City Thunder’s Carmelo Anthony and Russell Westbrook. Also spotted wearing the shoe is American actor Anthony Anderson.