La Sportiva Cyklon: What and who is it for?
The Cyklon is an aggressive trail shoe that's suited for middle to long-distance mountain running. And if you're into skyrunning, it's also a suitable choice. For hikers, it can pretty much be a lighter substitute for your hiking boots.
Nice to know: The La Sportiva Cyklon can accommodate AT Grip Spikes for those who want to use it on icy ground.
La Sportiva Cyklon: Protection and stability at the forefront
Instead of highlighting speed, the Cyklon from La Sportiva focuses on creating a steady and highly protective ride. To achieve this, the following features are introduced into the shoe's construction:
- Medial and lateral stability inserts keep the foot from wobbling side to side;
- A dual-density midsole mutes harsh ground elements while providing sufficient underfoot support;
- The heavy-duty outsole creates another layer of protection from sharp rocks;
- Sock-like fit around the ankle disables debris from getting in, and;
- Lastly, the shoe has a toe guard in front, preventing bruises when the foot hits hard objects.
BOA Fit System: An easy fit ready for the technical trails
Not many trail shoes use the BOA tech as their lockdown system for the reason that a lot of athletes still prefer traditional lacing systems. However, with the Cyklon, you might just change your mind.
The BOA Fit System in the Cyklon gives both customized and convenient lockdown. Runners also find it very effective in steep downhills. And for those who run during winters, it's especially helpful because, in just a few turns of the dial, you can readjust your fit, preventing spending too much time in the cold.