Who should buy the La Sportiva Cyklon
The La Sportiva Cyklon is might suit you well if:
- You are looking for an aggressive trail shoe suitable for middle to long-distance mountain running and sky running as well.
- You are after a lighter substitute for your hiking boots.
- A shoe that bites various surfaces well is what you need.
Who should not buy the La Sportiva Cyklon
Wearers in search of a shoe with enough bounce and responsiveness might not find the ride that the La Sportiva Ckylon provides pleasurable. Also, the shoe's lack of ventilation is a big letdown for folks who value health and hygiene. They are better off with the La Sportiva Lycan.
An outsole that bites well
Whether it be on off-camber grassy slopes, snow, ice, mud, rocky and gravel-packed trail, the La Sportiva Cyklon "gives confidence," reported different experts.
Unlike other BOA shoes, the Cyklon allows a dialed-in, secure midfoot fit. There's also enough volume upfront for some wiggle room.
It's very convenient. By turning the dial, you get to have a customized fit.
A reliable shield
The midsole is quite rigid, shielding the foot from sharp rocks and roots.
Because of the shoe's "boot-like" ankle wrap and its supportive heel cup, reviewers find it "excellent" on highly technical descents.
Steady and sure
Thanks to the dual-density EVA foam and inserted medial and lateral stabilizers, the shoe creates surefooted strides on uneven terrain.
A pain-free experience
Trail runners find the upper "superb." They have NOT experienced rubbing or hot spots.
For its listed weight (311 grams for men's US 9), testers claim it certainly doesn't feel like it.
La Sportiva Cyklon: Protection and stability at the forefront
Instead of highlighting speed, the Cyklon from La Sportiva focuses on creating a steady and highly protective ride. To achieve this, the following features are introduced into the shoe's construction:
- Medial and lateral stability inserts keep the foot from wobbling side to side;
- A dual-density midsole mutes harsh ground elements while providing sufficient underfoot support;
- The heavy-duty outsole creates another layer of protection from sharp rocks;
- Sock-like fit around the ankle disables debris from getting in, and;
- Lastly, the shoe has a toe guard in front, preventing bruises when the foot hits hard objects.
BOA Fit System: An easy fit ready for the technical trails
Not many trail shoes use the BOA tech as their lockdown system for the reason that a lot of athletes still prefer traditional lacing systems. However, with Cyklon, you might just change your mind.
The BOA Fit System in Cyklon gives both customized and convenient lockdown. Runners also find it very effective in steep downhills. And for those who run during winters, it's especially helpful because, in just a few turns of the dial, you can readjust your fit, preventing spending too much time in the cold.
Nice to know about the La Sportiva Cyklon
The La Sportiva Cyklon can accommodate AT Grip Spikes for those who want to use it on icy ground.